MMJ17 – Drawing Attention To Myself

This is me with Steve, the Postie. We managed to snatch the 30 seconds of today when it wasn’t tipping with rain. Yes, I’m wearing a wool skirt and thick tights. Yes, it’s June. This is England!

I love the bloke in the background having a right good neb. And the other one, between Steve and I.

It got better:

Check out this comedian!

I dunno. Everyone wants in on the sewing blog action. They’re probably jealous of my jacket. It’s the Simplicity 2443 jacket I blogged about back in February. The linen’s great, and I really shouldn’t complain because this is what linen does but… It doesn’t half crease!

Finally, I don’t want to shatter anyone’s illusions about Walthamstow market. It is the land of the sewing gods, after all. But this is what it looks like at packing up time:

This entry was posted in sewing, sewing and knitting and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to MMJ17 – Drawing Attention To Myself

1. Portia says:

I put my flippin heating on today!! It’s like October out there!
    Still, at least we have your MMJ posts to keep us chuckling! Next time can you find one called Pat? A builder called Bob? A fireman called Sam…….gah! I’ve been watching too much CBeebies…..heeeeeellllllllp meeeeeeeeee!
    Px

2. Roobeedoo says:

Isn’t that Church Hill? I ‘m sure I worked in that office with the green sign! Except it was for oamless yoofs in those days. And I don’t remember railings…
    Oh sorry – concentrate on the clothes! Love that jacket!

3. melissa says:

pffffahahahah I love your speech bubble!

And that jacket still looks like a million bucks – definitely one of my favourites of yours! I’ll just overlook the fact that I was actually wishing I had GLOVES today on my walk home… My poor hands got so cold holding up my umbrella!

4. Eugenia says:

What about this weather eh? Where did all the sunshine go? Why is it raining cats and dogs? When will it stop? But your outfit looks great – I want that jacket.

5. Sharon says:

I want to come over and visit just so I can be in one of your MMJ photos! And from the sounds of it, our Minnesota weather will have prepared me quite well for the weather in England.

6. MrsC says:

I think the jacket is fab, and love that you made it in such a groovy linen. I am very much enjoying the vicarious excitement of your MMJ, with its trips to Cornwall, photos with strangers and runaway frocks :) It is winter here down under and while for me every day is pretty much me made day for at least one garment, it is so nice to see summery, colourful MM clothes being worn! :) (or is it YM clothes when referring to another?)

7. Paola says:

It looks as cold there as it is here (South Coast NSW, Australia) – but at least it’s winter here!
    These photos are too funny!

8. Debi says:

Photo bombed!!!! hehehehehe! I love this so much!

9. Adrienne says:

Officially in love with this jacket. Just sayin’…