Spot The Sorbetto!

Sorbetto Number Four

I’ve been doing some intense dressmaking recently, and wanted a lighter, simpler project to balance things out. I was totally inspired by Sarai’s recent bold chevron make of the Sorbetto top. My three previous versions had all used fairly delicate prints. I wanted a fabric with similair personality to Sarai’s sock it to ‘em chevron!

I bought a yard of this fabric from The Textile Centre in Walthamstow. It cost me £2.40. I added three inches to the length of this top and lowered the darts by an inch. I also made it a tiny bit more roomy than previous versions. The centre pleat is there, it’s just disguised by the spots. I think this is my perfect make of the top!

This fabric barely creases, which means I have successfully made a new item for hassle-free changing in the gym. I can pack this top in a pannier and it will emerge uncreased, ready to throw on after a shower. Result! Now, I just need to make some more cycle-friendly skirts. I have plans…

This entry was posted in sewing, sewing and knitting and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to Spot The Sorbetto!

1. Suzy says:

Great Sorbetto, love the print! (and I love your necklace :)

2. Nikki says:

Love this fabric! It really looks good. I must play around with the pattern to see if I can make it fit me as well as this one fits you!

3. swoosh says:

That looks great on you. I actually quite like all your sorbettos :)

4. Deane says:

Gorgeous! The Sorbetto really lends itself to a great print, and it fits you so well!

5. Michelle says:

Fantastic version! I like it a bit longer and I always thought the original length was fine. So there you go! That fabric is droolworthy too.

6. redsilvia says:

Very sassy! You’ve got me thinking now…

7. nice! like the coral colours. I also took the dart on mine down an inch too.

8. Carolyn says:

This is a very cute top! Can’t wait to see the skirts!

9. Molly says:

The Textile Centre is my favourite of the many many shops. Although I was so disappointed that they sold out of a fabric I desperately wanted and had 1 metre short of what I needed in an another one the other day. my bad, I was supposed to have gone back a fortnight earlier to get the fabric, didn’t get the chance, thought I’d get away with it but evidently it is very popular with a lot of other people! I didn’t leave empty-handed of though!

I also got a great bargain from the Market (European fella), bought several metres of gorgeous viscose fabric and got a few metres of similar fabric for free because it had faded (on about half the width for about 70cm, think I can live with that!).

10. I love the print, and it fits you very nicely! Yay for non-creasing fabrics!

11. liza jane says:

I must get around to making one of these. This is fabulous!

12. Shelly says:

Fantastic top! Love the fabric you used this time around. I really should start thinking about doing one myself now that Spring has arrived.

13. I think that’s my favourite of your Sorbettos. Great colours. Looks good with the contrast from the blue necklace too!

14. Roobeedoo says:

I have yet to find a pattern that I want to make over and over and over again as you have the pendrell and the Sorbetto… though Lisette’s portfolio comes pretty close! I love seeing all the variations you and others come up with for this one. No creases? Make a dozen!

15. Joanne says:

Love that fabric – dotty goodness :) Like the idea of lowering the darts too as my sorbetto’s darts feel really high and pointy… good job!

16. Suzie says:

Lovely – this Sorbetto is spot on (…sorry!). But seriously, love the fabric and yeay for crease-free goodness!

17. Trisha says:

Lovely! I too have been on a tool with the Sorbetto pattern. I’ve also made 4 (but only blogged about 3 so far).

18. Pingback: THE FAKE SHAMUS PRINT (VIA SPOONFLOWER!) SORBETTO : Daughter Fish

19. Pingback: Editing For Your Style – Inspiration From Colette | Did You Make That?

20. Pingback: Owop Day 6 – Big Kids | Did You Make That?

21. Pingback: If its free its for me – Colette Sorbetto | Clipped Curves