Strictly Snood Prancing

It started with one little blogger who shared a free snood pattern:

Little did she know, she was spreading the infectious snood bug.

First, there was Scruffy Badger who won her snood in a giveaway and could barely hide her delight:

Then Pincushion Treats was inpired to make one as her first ever (and highly successful!) knitting project:

Soon, Handmade Jane couldn’t stand it any longer. She wasn’t able to knit, but that presented no problems to her wily mind. She commissioned one from her mum!

Finally, the infection spread to the office. Karen’s colleague was meant to be editing books, but she was secretly eyeballing Karen’s snood and planning one of her own:

Where will the snood bug spread next? Into Europe? Across the Atlantic? Into Outer Space? Come and join in the party at Strictly Snood Prancing! (You’re my favourite…)

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to Strictly Snood Prancing

1. Debi says:

Fabulous! Love all the snoods!!

2. Marie says:

I’ve been so inspired and infected by these snoods that just today I’ve gone and bought what I need to make my very own! So it has spread to Leicester and I’ll be sure to let you know how I get on ;o)

3. Rachel says:

Already made it to Ireland…I made mine a couple of days after you posted yours…

4. Tamsin says:

Snood – tastic!

5. Law says:

Oooh this snood bug is more catching than bird flu! I hope I catch it :o)

6. Jane says:

There’s definitely a snood frenzy going on and you’re the leader, bravo! Talking of Strictly, I would love to see Russell Grant wearing a snood…. or Craig….!

7. Judith says:

For such a fashionable accessory, you must admit the actual word ‘snood’ does turn you off draping one of these around your neck. Surely we can think up a more apt word than ‘snood’. And again, how lucky are the creative ones who can whip one of these little numbers up in our spare time, the exact length/colour/pattern we want,??? Puts the designer ‘snoodies’ to shame.Unfortunately this is one trend that I just can’t pull off as I head into a hot Aussie summer, sigh, but I can get the needles out clicking and be well prepared for next year… knit one, purl one, snoodie one…

8. Felicity from Down Under says:

It’s coming into summer here, and our summers are generally Very Hot Indeed, so snoods are contraindicated; but I confess to having cast on something extraordinarily similar for a niece who wlll be studying in Germany next year (not precisely the same; I can’t be bothered sewing up if I can knit in the round).

9. Dibs says:

Working on mine now actually. Making it in a turquoise sirdar big softie like u used. Lol.

10. Ha ha!! Thank you for sharing my delight further!! It’s one of the good things about the weather getting colder wearing a snood !And these are just the knitted ones, think about all of the crocheted ones last year after Carly shared her pattern!

11. Jean Clayton says:

Don’t want to boast, but I have made 2 so far, one in the Big Softie and my second attempt in Sirdar Indie. (This came up slightly smaller on the same needles) They make great presents.

12. Lucy says:

I’ve definitely caught the snood bug, just knitted one of my own and am loving it :) so comfy!

13. Kelly says:

The bug has spread to Norfolk, Virginia, USA! I’m making one in cayenne colored alpaca. This despite the fact that I’ve only ever completed one knitted dish cloth before. I can do it!

14. Pingback: The mists and mellow fruitfulness dress « Stitch and Witter