Make Up Roll

I made a roll for my make-up brushes! This was meant to be for when I go away – I get so tired of cramming my brushes into my already bulging make-up bag. But I love this so much, I’m using it every day.

No sophisticated sewing going on here, but I LOVE the fact that each pocket was made bespoke to its brush. Every ickle brush has its own soft, comfy home now. Aw! All they need are miniature pillows.

The spotty fabric is a Japanese double gauze fat quarter from Ray Stitch. The blue seedhead cotton is from the V&A. I bought it aeons ago and it’s slowly getting used up, square by square. Then I’ll have to buy some more!

This entry was posted in sewing, sewing and knitting and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to Make Up Roll

1. How cute Karen! Love your fabric choice. I would need one too. Did you use a specific pattern or did you draft it yourself?

2. ooobop! says:

Dead cute! Your brushes will love you forever!

3. Felicity from Down Under says:

Clearly, you’re going to need a bigger bag; but how fantastic to be able to put your hands on all the brushes at once without fossicking about and getting the wrong ones and – yeah, that’s heaps good.

4. shivani says:

I love that your handbag is full of other bags, each with a specific purpose. Mega organised!

5. A need to make one of these myself. I love your choice of fabric, I’m a fan of Ray Stitch too, you must be a local lass unless it’s a chain? Their fabric is beautiful, if a little pricey :(

6. oooo I think I want one.

7. have you used some wadding inbetween the fabric?

8. ellec says:

Don’t you just love this kind of sewing? Rectangles and straight stitching, so stressless. The result is adorable, your makeup brushes deserve nothing less.

9. Funnygrrl says:

Very nice! I want one too.

10. ericapenton says:

That would make a great gift idea as well!

11. nothy lane says:

I love it! I did something similar (though not as nice) for my paint brushes… I really like the velcro fastener.

12. Maddie says:

Very cute and simple. I have to admit that I treat my make up brushes pretty terribly. I should be proactive like you and make one.

13. You’re great at making ickle and highly desirable accessories… This is wunderbar

14. 1107nikki says:

Love it! Did you put wadding or padding between the materials?

15. Pingback: Are You Guys From England? | Did You Make That?