Pyjama Party Highlights

I don’t mind admitting, it touched my heart to see the younger generation getting involved with the Pyjama Party. And when I say young, I mean young!

Bold Sewist brought a tear to my eye with photos of her and her baby. We first met at Morley College when she was setting out to make her best friend’s wedding dress. Gulp. She did it, she totally did it, blog post evidence here. Since then her life has continued apace. You know, a baby!

Maskakat is in the early months of her pregnancy, and needed a pair of PJs for comfy lounging with the cutest little tummy I’ve seen in ages. You can see fuller details here.

And finally, the woman who massaged my heart into gooey, marshmallow softness with a photo she emailed of her two children and her niece. Look at the cuteness! Don’t you just want to pepper them with kisses? Thanks, Lori Ann.

After that, it was all about the laughs for me. Best PJ photo ever?

Four Square Walls had some problems with… Well, some problems.

Marie of A Sewing Odyssey compared her new PJs to the type of clothes The Dude wears in The Big Lebowski. Simply because she referenced this film in a blog post, I had to dig out the DVD and watch it again.

I loved the fact that Experiments & Accidents had to secretly jump on the bed in her parents’ house, with her sister taking photos. ‘What are you girls doing up there?’

We may grow older, but we never grow up.

And I admired Paunnet‘s stonking use of colour:

A Fashionable Stitch proved her mettle yet again, by turning in the cutest, most adorable, most professional looking pair of PJs, featuring a bedroom I would kill people for:

┬áThere was so, so much more. Over a hundred pairs of pyjamas now exist that hadn’t even seen a hot chocolate a few weeks back. Thanks, guys!

UPDATE. Lazy Stitching has supplied a wonderful tutorial for making a variation on Colette’s free Madeleine Bloomers. She adapted these to make herself some truly lovely tap pants aka shortie PJ bottoms.

19 Responses to Pyjama Party Highlights

1. Debi says:

Fabulous round-up! I’ve enjoyed seeing everyone’s creations! I didn’t manage to play along this time….but next time??

2. Pingback: Holy crap it’s May! and other news « no time to sew

3. Jill says:

Thanks again for putting this on. I spent a long, long, lazy afternoon catching up on everyone’s creations. It was so fun to see how everyone’s personalities could manifest is such a simple make.

4. I admit to having chuckled mightily over Four Square Walls’ Oompaloompah trousers, as I’ve done something similar in the past with a jacket. Um, yes, well, let’s move on.

5. Bold Sewist says:

Aah thanks for the lovely mention! And I’ve said it before but I’ll say it again, it was such a great idea and so much fun!

6. Marie says:

Oh no, I can’t believe you included me looking all Dude-like! By the way, I sewed mine up incorrectly the first time just like Four Square Walls…her photo cracks me up so much. Seriously though Karen, the sewalong was such an inspired idea and it was simple, yet fun enough, for a good range of people to get involved. Thanks so much, it’s the most fun I’ve had online for a while ;o)

7. Roobeedoo says:

Love your highlights post! Ah yes indeed-y, it was a blast of a party!

8. elle c says:

Thank you so much for hosting this, it was such a hoot on Saturday watching as everyone around the world posted their creations (I did pretty much nothing all day but read blogs about jammies). I love mine so much as lounging around wear I cut out three more pairs Sunday and just have to finish the waistband today.

9. Andrea says:

Hahaha, yes, there I am in all my Hammerpants glory! I still shake my head and laugh about this, but I’ve been comforted by other stitchers who admit making similar mistakes. Thanks for hosting this lovely party! I had a lot of fun despite the, er, hiccups along the way.

10. gingermakes says:

Oh, I love all of these so much!

11. ericapenton says:

I’m glad you enjoyed the jumping photos! Thanks for such a great sew along. It was a brilliant idea and I loved getting to see all those p.j.’s!

12. paunnet says:

Thank you so much, Karen!
    Marie, Andrea and Sunni are definitely my favorites as well! :)

13. Lori-Ann Owen says:

I have just shown the children this post and read them what you said about them. Alfie blushed from ear to ear. Thanks for featuring them, I really enjoy reading your blog.

14. Amy says:

Great highlights post!

15. symondezyn says:

These are all so beautiful! Thanks for sharing ^___^

16. Kat H says:

Aww, thanks for the mention! *blush* :-)

Thanks again for such a super sew-along – so much fun!

17. kristine says:

Oh, woe is me…I didn’t make it to the actual deadline (graduating teens and a demanding job) I only posted my pic, yesterday, but thought I’d share the link anyways because it was your inspiring post that led to my creation. :) Thank you for all your inspiration!!

18. Pingback: New patterns! | Dulcie Bee

19. Helen Johnstone says:

I’m only a month or two late but I have finally completed my PJ Bottoms http://patientgardener.wordpress.com/2013/08/29/creative-thursday-pj-bottom-finished-finally/

Helen