Camping, Rafting – If It’s An “Ing” I’m There

I feel as though my bones have turned to jelly (or should that be jello?) and my mind has become mush. It’s a lovely sensation! I have successfully resisted the urge to check my work emails and I’m struggling to remember what day of the week it is. I have, however, found a fragile Internet connection. Come on! Cold turkey can be dangerous for a person’s health, you know.

There has been this…

There’s always one damn fool.

And this…

Knitting in a Yurt

Camping at Yosemite

Action Woman

My Sorbetto tops (which pack up to the size of a fairy’s handkerchief) have been life savers during all the outward bound, sunshine-y activities. So have the pair of shorts that I bought for under a tenner from M&S. (I badly wish I’d indulged my instinct to buy a second pair in a different colour.) I strongly recommend these shorts!

If you could care less about the trip, and just want to hear about my sewing adventures, Beth has written a comprehensive post on our fun together. I’ll be reporting back myself as soon as I can get my head into gear.

For now, I have a waterfall to inspect. Then I must help Ian in his search for a decent Stateside Old Fashioned cocktail. Not much luck so far. Our hopes are high for Las Vegas.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to Camping, Rafting – If It’s An “Ing” I’m There

1. Melizza says:

Camping at Yosemite?! So jealous. Hope you continue to have a blast and win big in Vegas.

2. oonaballoona says:

oh! a YURT!!!!

if you happen to dine off strip in las vegas, try tapas at firefly (the paradise location http://www.yelp.com/biz/firefly-las-vegas-3). and you have absolutely got to go to the freakin frog (http://www.freakinfrog.com/) for a beer or a whiskey!

3. Shams says:

It’s wonderful to see you having so much fun! And, WOW, do I love the bedding on that yurt bed :)

4. Nothy Lane says:

I loved camping in Yosemite. I have to get back to Cali.

5. Linda says:

Have ALWAYS wanted to camp at Yosemite! And where on earth is that yurt? Must go there!!

6. Molly says:

Looks like tons of fun!

7. Maddie says:

I’m sitting at my desk at work and am so jealous of your adventures. I hope you have the grandest time and post many pictures when you return!

8. Tamsin says:

Sounds like you’re having a great time! Am very envious of your yurt at Yosemite, and I hate camping. Enjoy the rest of your hols!

9. Wendy says:

You look like you are having a great time! Loved Beth’s post and can’t wait to see what you were making. Enjoy!!

10. whatsupcupcake says:

Sounds like so much fun! Which yurts did you go to? Tree Bones? I can’t remember if you were going in that direction (Big Sur). Hope you’re having fun in Vegas and surviving the heat!

11. That looks like camping I could do (maybe for a day or two) Glad you are having such a wonderful time. LOT of opportunities for any cocktail you would like in LV. Good luck there.

12. stacyverb says:

What an adventure you’re having! Pardon me as I live vicariously through you. Love the yurt! My husband and I stayed in a yurt for part of our honeymoon and it was fabulous. I’m determined to “yurt” again someday….

13. Pingback: seslidunya sohbet | www.rizeseslichat.com, sesli, Sesli Chat, Goruntulu Chat, Sesli Sohbet, SesliChat, SesliSohbet

14. Bold Sewist says:

Glad to see you having a lovely holiday! Enjoy the rest of it – how I long to be in California!

15. Jenn-NY says:

I hope the cabin tents (aka yurts) don’t smell as funky as they used to! Spent much time in Yosemite when I was a kid. It’s been a long time since I’ve seen those old rocks. Enjoy Las Vegas, city of glorious buffets…

16. liza jane says:

I want to stay in a yurt!

17. hanging off public transport, knitting, camping, rafting, yeah, all fab while holidaying; but the most important of all is enjoying

18. gingermakes says:

Oh, your vacation looks lovely! So glad you guys are having a great time!

19. Maryom says:

It all looks so much more exciting than the photos of my eldest daughter’s Vegas/California trip – that was all views from a car window!

20. Alessa says:

Looks like you’re having great fun!

21. symondezyn says:

Looks like great fun!! I absolutely loved Vegas, it’s like adult Disneyland!! SOOO much to see and experience – there’s an abundance of great food, entertainment, and all the adult beverages you could want!! Enjoy profusely!! :D