Oh, the excitement! A reader recently contacted me. Catherine was having a clear out and did I want over 30 patterns to use on the blog? Did I?! I bit her hand off and waited eagerly for the parcel to arrive. I had no idea what it would contain – 30 patterns for dog jackets and doll dresses, or something more special?
It was something more special…
I have about 30 patterns here and four Burda magazines. Not all the patterns are vintage – some are more modern. I started thinking about how best to spread the pattern love and came up with the Pattern Pyramid. You know those horrible pyramid selling schemes from the Eighties? Well, this is the reverse – a pyramid construction for spreading pattern love around the world!
- Anyone, anywhere can enter the giveaway by posting a comment below by midnight GMT Friday 29 June BUT you must have an active blog. (Reasons to become obvious.)
- I will randomly select six winners.
- I will post a selection of approximately 5-6 patterns and/or Burda magazines to each winner, along with a generous number of hand woven labels to be sewn into anything made from one of these patterns.
- Each winner will pick one pattern to keep for themselves, then host their own giveaway. They will randomly select a winner, post the remaining patterns to that Person C. Person C will pick a pattern for themselves, host their own giveaway and post the remaining patterns to the winner, Person D. Person D will…
You get the idea! I’m really keen to see how far and wide we can spread the pattern love and I’m intrigued to see who ends up with what.
THE SMALL PRINT
- No way am I going through 30 patterns, ensuring that every pattern piece is there. This is pot luck!
- Please don’t email me for specifics on the 30+ patterns. Take your chance!
- Your selection of patterns will be picked at random, though I do promise to attempt a good variety of makes. Please don’t contact me asking for specific patterns.
- I will keep a couple of patterns for myself, because I deserve it.
- If you’re a winner, I would love it if you could make a small contribution to The Brooke. This is a charity close to the heart of Catherine, who so generously provided these patterns.
Obviously, I’m operating on a huge level of trust – but I totally trust my readers. All I ask of participants is to engage in a timely fashion, launching their own giveaways soon after receiving a parcel. I also ask that you be happy to post patterns worldwide – we really want to spread the love! Once I send the patterns out, I’m not going to attempt to moderate further giveaways, but I’m curious to see how long this takes until the final patterns find loving homes. So please contact me with details of your win and where you live – I suspect another world map is essential! (Remember the World Map of Snoods?)
Finally, if you’re taking part or just want to spread the love, please feel free to add the below button to your blog’s sidebar. Let the fun commence!
<div align="center"><a href="http://didyoumakethat.wordpress.com/" title="Didyoumakethat"><img src="http://didyoumakethat.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/pattern-pyramid-small-button.jpg" alt="Didyoumakethat" style="border:none;" /></a></div>