V1247 – Three Times A Lady

Oh, look – I’ve sewn another one! My first rendition of this blouse is here and my second here. Three versions in one year – I wonder if I’ll make it four before 2013?

This one is made out of polka dot, drapey something bought from our Birmingham meet up. The fabric cost me £5, the pattern is well-used – so let’s say this make cost me a fiver!

My other versions were made out of lawn cotton. This one has much more drape and slip, which for me as an interesting variation. I’m really glad I finally have a blouse to go with this magenta skirt I (shush) bought.

I was worried about how the polka dots would look with so many pieces, some bias cut, French seamed together, but I like the effect.

I have nothing else to say! This blouse is perfect for when you want to zone out everything else. You have to concentrate, slow down and be patient. These things, I like!

Now, I wonder if I should make a second V1247 skirt…

26 Responses to V1247 – Three Times A Lady

1. Sam says:

Ooh, I love this in polka dots! I have this pattern and have yet to make the top (unsuccessfully made the skirt last year!) and I also have some polka dot fabric in a kind of tobacco brown with purple spots. I’m seriously tempted to have a go at this once I’ve finished my coat.

2. sewbusylizzy says:

Love this! Gorgeous job. I’m seriously tempted to make this top again, I get so many compliments (ah so vain) on my first. I made it in a rayon and it drapes beautifully like your polka dots. I’ve made the skirt three times.
    I think this is one of my ‘deserted island’ pattern choices. Great investment!

3. punkmik says:

this is a lovely pairing! like the drape of it a lot! yay for getting lots of variations from one pattern! :D polka dots are always a winner! :D

4. vivjm says:

I love all three of your versions, but the polka dot is my favourite! And what a bargain on the fabric!

5. Vicki Kate says:

I’ve finally succumbed and bought this pattern after seeing your first two versions! This version is just as gorgeous so I’m glad I’ve invested.

6. Roobeedoo says:

Lovely draping which the polka dots really enhance! And I love your magenta skirt, bought or not! ;)

7. Marie says:

Oh so lovely, I too adore the effect of the polka dot fabric! And you should most definitely make a second skirt, oh yes! I’m itching to get round to this pattern one day – it makes such a great outfit – but I really do think the b/f would murder me if I bought anything else sewing-related anytime soon ;o)

8. Great colour combo and those polka dots are beautifully showcased by the shape of the top and the drape of the fabric (and I know someone will tell me they’re interlinked; yeah, I know that, LOL).

9. BeaJay says:

What a great top. This is very classy. The fabric and drape is lovely.

10. Jane says:

It will come as no surprise that this is my favourite version! It’s lovely, and perfect with your magenta skirt. x

11. it looks very pretty on you :-)

12. Ruth says:

You’ve only made ONE 1246 skirt? This could well be Vogue’s most liked pattern. I’m glad to hear your version 1 is made in cotton and drapes well – you’ve now just opened up a whole new fabric realm for me and this top. Thanks. The polka dots are fun

13. Tamsin W-P says:

Looks lovely – a winning combo with the polka dots and magenta skirt! I love all three of your versions, and keep looking at the pattern for me, but I think it might be a bit too flowy….

14. Bold Sewist says:

Definitely my favourite version – love the drap!

15. Bold Sewist says:

Sorry that was meant to be drape… And great skirt, but yes, make another one from the pattern too!

16. You can never go wrong with polka dots in my books.

17. liza jane says:

I love the subtle change in directions of the polka dots. Great top!

18. Elizabeth says:

What a difference the fabric makes. It’s so lovely with the added drape value. ANd I love the polka dots. Looks perfect with your gorgeous skirt. Beautiful.

19. sewexhausted says:

I love the polka dots… and with the skirt! Wow!… Vogue is on sale right now- I may need to run down and grab this one. I happen to enjoy french seams as well!

20. Fiona says:

Very classy, I like it a lot.

21. Taja says:

Love the top in polka dots! I like the way the polka dots are broken up by the seams and drape of the fabric. :)

Don’t feel guilty for purchasing some clothing. I learned long ago that I don’t have time to make everything I wear, so I save my sewing for items I want to fit particularly well. ‘Course, if I buy clothing I have to alter it, so I’m not sure how much time that saves! *LOL* Usually I’ll buy something if it fits reasonably well, needs simple, minimal alterations and I absolutely love the fabric! Mostly if I love the fabric! :)

22. velosewer says:

Love the style, fabric and drape.

23. Helen Made says:

Oh this is so pretty. It looks lovely.

24. symondezyn says:

Every time I see a new version of this top, I like it more, and dots certainly don’t hurt its cause ;) :)