The Village Haberdashery In Real Life!

How exciting is this? The Village Haberdashery – my favourite UK-based online store – is now going live with a bricks and mortar shop. Annie is opening it for a sneak preview this weekend, details to be found here. There will be fabric, and wool, and thread – what more could a person want?

Village Haberdashery Collage

I was all set to pop along myself this weekend, but something has come up. Something important and exciting, which I hope to share with you – maybe over the festive period. But believe you me, I shall totally be visiting The Village Haberdashery once it’s officially open in the New Year.

The shop is based in West Hampstead. This is one of my favourite parts of London. Close to Hampstead, but not so close that you have to feel intimidated by the rich sorts swanning around. It’s always had a good selection of shops, and I’m delighted to see The Village Haberdashery join the ranks.

Fascinating West Hampstead FACT! One of my ex-boyfriends used to rent a flat in the area. He lived beneath Gareth Malone from The Choir, before he became famous. Bonus fascinating FACT! The communal areas were carpeted in Seventies brown shag pile. I’m giving you that fact for free. Go forth and amaze your friends with this inside info, only to be gleaned from reading sewing blogs.

Seriously. Don’t you feel sorry for all the people who don’t read sewing blogs? If you haven’t already stumbled upon these recent inspiring stories, then you really should pop by here and here - tissues to the ready.

This entry was posted in knitting, sewing, sewing and knitting and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to The Village Haberdashery In Real Life!

1. Melizza says:

I was so hoping Annie was going to open before I left. Sad day for me. But happy one for you. Can’t wait to see your post on the visit (I am totally assuming you will post about it). I bet the shop is gorgeous!

2. Sam says:

Oooh, how exciting! Another place for me to add to my “must visit” list. Although I kind of assumed that there was already a bricks and mortar Village Haberdashery.

3. Evie says:

I LOVE VH online…I really must make my next visit to London one that involves a trip to West Hampstead.
    And you’re such a tease…can’t wait to hear your news.

4. Umbareen Siddiqi says:

I moved from west end lane in August.. Hurrumph!

5. yesilikethat says:

Oh man this is really exciting news! I hope they are near that Hungarian cake shop, a visit to both would be a grand Saturday out.

Here’s another random fact for you: I used to be in an orchestra with Gareth Malone. My sister knew him quite well. He’s the only famous person from Bournemouth (apart from Leilani, the Page 3 girl, who I’m not quite as proud of)

6. Miriana says:

Hey, it’s in my hood. I’ve always found West Hampstead a little wank – drowning in coffee shops, but not a single decent pub! Kilburn and Cricklewood is where it’s at.

7. Ha, the wonder of blogs. My life has def been enriched since I found my very first blog earlier this year. I’m looking forward to reading about your mysterious exciting news. Enjoy.

8. Marie says:

I absolutely love West Hampstead! Until she mover recently, I have a friend who used to live there for years and visiting her was always such a treat! So I can’t think of a better place for Annie’s shop…I only hope I can visit one day! What’s your big news by the way Karen…I’m dying to know ;o)

9. For us who are truly loves this craft a place like this would feel like heaven, I really love visiting such kind of shops since I am really fascinated seeing lots of haberdashery stuffs specially if the place is well decorated or organized.