If One HAS To Make Gifts, They May As Well Be These…

P1030291

Okay, so I slightly reneged on my vow to stay selfish over Christmas. My sister put in a specific request for some of Handmade Jane’s wash bags. Mandy never asks for anything, so it felt churlish to ignore her plea. The above makes in tape measure fabric and cheeky monkey fabric are what she opened on Christmas morning.

It’s worth mentioning how adaptable Jane’s tutorial is. Mandy didn’t want these as wash bags – she wanted them as protective cases for her camera lenses. I’ve also made this bag at double the dimensions as the perfect pyjama case.

In order to make myself feel better about these gifts (!), I sewed a new make-up bag for myself, out of remnants left over from my Autumnal Alma blouse. I followed this excellent tutorial, and the make was a real pleasure.

P1030294

This morning, we went to Matlock for the Boxing Day Raft Race. It was bracing and sunny and Ella made approximately one million new friends. Get a puppy and meet the world!

P1030344

This entry was posted in sewing, sewing and knitting and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to If One HAS To Make Gifts, They May As Well Be These…

1. jokeOnly says:

I love your fabric choices. Thanks for writing this awesome and funny blog. Happy Holidays!

2. Roobeedoo says:

That’s the thing about Christmas makes – it turns into a game of “one for you and one for me…”!
    Lovely!

3. Sarah says:

Merry Christmas, Karen & Ella!! Love your stitched bags – so cute!

4. Becky says:

You are not kidding about meeting with world! Every time I take my 2 pups for a walk, I meet everyone I pass. Happy Holidays! And thanks for a fun and educational blog. It’s wonderful!

5. Jenni says:

Glad to hear you’re having a lovely holiday with Ella x

6. megthegrand says:

Those bags are adorable :) I love all of the different patterns of the fabric!