Three Times The Ladies

P1040056

First out of the Sewlutions Jar is Shanni Loves. Guys, check out her awesome blog! Guess what she’s just made? A blouse! A fabulous blouse. Talk about inspiration – wham! – right there, at ya. Thank you, Shanni. AND she owns a dog. (Actually, she owns six animals. This woman is brave.) She’s vowed to sew one item a week in 2013. Gulp. Let’s pop over and send her love, encouragement and – hey – maybe a bit of forgiveness if she’s already quaking in the face of her self-set challenge.

Next up…

P1040057

StirandStitch is another dog owner. Crazy! She wants to make at least one non-shapeless garment in 2013. A noble ambition and one I’m confident she can accomplish, as her dressmaking is clearly of stellar quality. Check out her Wiksten Tova dress – swoon. That girl has taste…

img_5210

And, finally…

P1040058

Katy of I, of the needle has gone down the classic route of pledging to make 12 sewn items by the end of the year. (Our most popular Sewlution, by far.) She’s already made a red V1247 skirt – swoon! One of my favourite skirt patterns, as we know. And she’s crocheted a ripple blanket and I want to crochet a ripple blanket! And she looks like a Parisian film star and I… Oh dear, that’s where our similarities end.

I absolutely love this as a way of discovering new blogs and finding inspiration. It almost doesn’t matter how well people are doing with their Sewlutions. Almost… Guys, let’s go and leave comments and spread the love to these three ladies! They totally deserve it.

14 Responses to Three Times The Ladies

1. sewplaysew says:

I am still so excited about this! It IS a wonderful way to discover new blogs/expand the sewing community and encourage each other all at once. Just love this blog! :-)

2. cjgal says:

Great sewlutions! Much sewspiration from all of these :)

3. Charly says:

Love this blog – wonderfully written! Good luck ladies with your sewlutions – I may just have to join the fold! (pun intended) :)

4. Heehee a Parisian film star, you’ve tickled me pink! .. Eek i.m out of the jar! And in such fab company! Feeling very inspired and very encouraged in my sewlution!

5. ShanniLoves says:

ack! Wouldn’t you know it I’m one of the first to be picked!! So far so good with my sewlution. I have had one dud along the way but it happens. Thanks for all the encouragement and inspiration!!

6. Gail says:

This is really a great way to update and introduce everybody to some of the participants!

7. oonaballoona says:

karen, i swear upon my entire bar cart, you are a genius.

8. And the rest of us are unsure as to whether we should be secretly relieved or tensing up our sewing muscles in case our names are pulled out of the jar next time!

9. how sweet of you to spread the love! now that my sewlution has been shared with all of your readers, i have even more incentive to make it so. thank you, karen!!

10. Angela says:

So glad to see how well people are doing! And, while I DID sew in January, I have done anything yet in February. Yesterday I sat bolt upright in a panic, thinking of what I would sew and how I had better get started!

11. Bec says:

Great idea, can’t wait to see all the new blogs :)

12. sewexhausted says:

This is a great way for me to see what everyone else is up to- and find some great blogs! And nice to see some of the sewlutions coming to fruition. (I must get busy!)

13. LinB says:

Fear of being pulled early from The Jar prompted me to go ahead and start my self-imposed challenge to knit two socks at a time on two circular needles! Fortunately, I remembered to take a photo of the work-in-progress so that the Mistress of the Jar could verify my work, since it’s going really fast. I’ve plunked the photo on the cover of a draft for my funeral bulletin, as being more in my style than a 19th-century woodcut of Christ Arising from the Tomb. (I feel safer composing my own funeral than relying on my family, lol. My mother has already purchased her own tombstone, reasoning that her children “wouldn’t do it right.” All she wants is for her tombstone to be the tallest one in her cemetery section. The photos of Ma & Pa perched on lawn chairs, as the stubby little obelisk was installed, are entirely typical of them. I seem to recall that the sandwiches on which they are gnawing at the time were bologna on white bread, with mayonnaise and American mustard.)