The Mistress Of The Jar Returns

Sewlutions Jar

The Mistress of the Sewlutions Jar is back from her summer holiday. She went to visit friends in Transylvania. Over dinner (steak tartare) they reminded her that she’s been remiss in her duties to hold a stake to Sewists’ hearts.

Now, the Mistress is very angry. Not just with herself. She demands to know what Sewlutions have been completed. You have completed your Sewlution, haven’t you? Let’s see…

Sewlution 1

Mrs M Makes promised to make her very first item of clothing. Has she managed this, or is she walking around half-naked? Why don’t you pop by her blog and ask her? Fess up, Mrs M!

Sewlution 2

Clothes And Sewing set herself two challenges. Clearly she holds no fear of the Mistress. Is there any sign of lingerie and a coat over at her blog? Go see!

What about you? How are you getting on with your Sewlution? If you’ve blogged about it, do link in the comments. Or if you have a confession to get off your chest, feel free to share.

As for myself? The Mistress has already shown her disapproval. She’s put me on a fabric-buying ban. Noooooo!!!!!! I’m sorry, Mistress.

26 Responses to The Mistress Of The Jar Returns

1. Sam says:

I am relieved to say I’ve completed my Sewlution. I posted about it here: http://alittleofwhatyou.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/sewultion-success.html and funnily enough am wearing them today!

2. Lynne says:

Lol! Funnily enough I was thinking about the Sewlutions last night. And I can smuggly say mine is done http://ozzyblackbeard.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/fo-sewaholic-daphne-thurlow-trousers.html I am not the face of shame!! ;)

3. franceparijs says:

Great to hear that the unfathomable Mistress of the Jar is back!

You can find below the shortlinks to my sewlutions. However, what I am most happy/proud about is that the sewlution quest prodded me to start my own blog!

Sewlution # 3: http://wp.me/p3hVHR-5r
    Sewlution # 2: http://wp.me/p3hVHR-2U
    Sewlution # 1: http://wp.me/p3hVHR-2k

4. I’m fessing up right away. No progress at all. But it’s winter. I don’t think I could raise much enthusiasm for a summer top in the middle of cold, wet, grey weather. Could I?

• Ha! Winter you say? That’s pretty much what we have going on over here too. I was planning on taking advantage of the “summer” to make plenty tops with no sleeves, but now I am considering what to do with some thick knit jersey (perhaps a cosy hoody?) as the 50 mile an hour winds rush down my chimney …

• oh, yes, I imagine your summer might be cooler than our winter! And I’m alive to the notion of winter being the best time to sew summer clothing – and vice versa – because that way it’s ready when you need it. But, you know, polar fleece baby rugs and thick knitting have much more appeal. So call me a wimp. I don’t care.

5. Yes!! I have. My sewlution was to make clothes with buttons for easy breastfeeding and I have!! I blogged it a http://butterandbuntings.blogspot.com.au/2013/06/i-made-new-dress.html?m=1
    Taz x

6. Melody says:

I wish I could say I have, but I really haven’t.
    I gave myself a more structured list of “use colour and patterned fabric” sewlutions – make 3 patterned garments and 3 non-black-or-red garments.

So far I’ve made a black dress with a silver check/floral pattern that has yet to be blogged about, and I’ve started -thinking- about using pink fabric in my stash….

7. Kat H says:

I have failed in my goal. I held out steadfastly for ages, and then I stumbled into a group of chronic enablers, otherwise know as other Wellington-based sewing bloggers. I am still trying to be as restrained as I can be with fabric/pattern purchases, though.

(Excuse me while I slink off to the corner and hang my head in shame. Maybe next year….)

8. Helen Johnstone says:

Being late to the game I didnt make any sewultions but I did decide this year thanks to GBSB to start sewing again – here is a blog post to provie it http://patientgardener.wordpress.com/2013/06/13/creative-thursday-pj-bottoms/

9. Ros says:

I am supposed to be making a bra. I did cut out some pieces for a muslin. But then I found a source of bras in my size that I liked and could afford, so the project lost its urgency. I will do it, though!

10. Sewer From Across The Pond says:

Limited progress, but I am grateful for the gentle reminder.

11. Jen (NY) says:

I feel like I’m back in school–fear of my name being drawn by the teacher– and I will be asked to answer a question that I just don’t know. Really, I have been thinking about this and it’s been a motivator. My goal is to make a pair of pants that fit. A couple of months ago I got the Palmer Plesch book, fit my paper pattern, and cut out the pants. After putting in the fly/zipper and trying to figure out more fitting issues, it became evident that the fabric was really crappy. It was already sagging and would probably show wear very quickly. I was so unhappy with it that I regretfully decided to discontinue. Learning experience. I have since bought new fabric, but we are entering the hot and humid summer here, so I will put off (long) pants until late summer/Fall. Shorts are next on the agenda and that will give me more practice with fitting too.

12. aisling says:

I’m procastinating, sort of. I need some fun relaxing sewing after a very tiring and ggravating couple of months before I start on fitting. That and I need a series of blocks of time to do this properly but at the moment there are too many urgent and/or important things interferring with that. I depserately need some time to play around with sewing before starting on the work.

I have picked my shirt pattern and have all the materials for it so I just need is to sit down and fit. I have decided on the jacket yet. I’m thinking of being flexible with the definition of jacket and taking Kenneth D King’s craftsy class to make a car coat. I have a lovely herringbone tweed that would suit that coat fine.

13. Catherine says:

No… THE SHAME – I have been finding OTHER things to sew, and putting my things on the bottom of the pile….. so no I have not completed my sewlutions. Thank you for picking me and (hopefully) spurring me on to action!!

14. rosyragpatch says:

I have made my first Minoru as promised. I love it & i’ve worn it lots. I intend it to be the first of many.

15. Gjeometry says:

Go go Gadget Mrs. M!! Lol. I was too late to sign up for this fabulous sewalong, but would like to know what others have been up to!

16. Portia says:

Hmmm…still at toile stage. Not touched it since February! I do have all year though right? ;) (What is the “Jar Deadline” for completion mistress?!
    Px

• The Mistress will decide on the deadline when she’s good and ready and may spring a surprise at any point. Take ten house points away for your temerity in daring to ask such a question.

17. Meredith says:

I love these pop quiz posts! I am thisclose to buying fabric for my Minoru, one of my sewalutions! I’m planning on starting it late summer. And my other sewalution, pants, will have to wait until I return to prepregnancy size. So Minoru first!

18. ellecsews says:

I am on track with my Sewlutions (unfortunately I was too late to make it into your jar), I have made 6 of the 12 knit patterns that I planned to, I also up-ped my game when I made a bathrobe/dressing gown by finishing the seams with flat felling instead of just serging. But thank you Mistress for reminding me!

19. sewexhausted says:

Ummmmm… I think I need to go back and see what sewlution I promised to complete this year. I DO appreciate the “gentle” reminder and am hoping the promises I made in the heat of the moment are at least half complete? ;) ~Laurie

20. I am still in detention I think, having not started my sewlution yet. Having written out my lines, I will dutifully return to my pants making project soon :)

21. Jacinta says:

YAY I’ve just finished my sewlution… was a bit worried as I’m expecting my fourth baby, I’m now in the third trimester and I’m rapidly running out of brain power! phew!