Tatty Devine Bunting Necklace Workshop

Regents StreetI was recently lucky enough to be invited to a Tatty Devine Bunting Necklace workshop. I had no idea that the whole of Regents Street was going to be shut down for a day of fun celebrating the The Year of the Bus with London Transport Museum. Oh, the luxury of being able to stroll in the street.

There was a fun bus stop made entirely from Lego!

Lego Bus Stop Collage.jpgBut I was here to find a very particular bus. The Tatty Devine bus!

Tatty Devine BusIt had one of the old rope bell pulls. Anyone remember those? A bus ticket cost only 20p.

20pThe back of the bus was given over to the workshop. All I had to do was choose 11 pieces of bunting for my necklace. Therein lay the dilemma. I couldn’t choose! Too. Many. Colours.

BuntingEventually, I managed (just) to make some decisions and started constructing my necklace under instruction.

Making Jewellery

Necklace In ProgressI’d arrived full of determination to make a necklace featuring red, but my eyes kept being drawn back to the pinks. It was only towards the end of my make that I realised my new piece of jewellery would go perfectly with the latest sewing project. Coincidence? I don’t think so. My brain was trying to tell me something!

Now, if only I can finish the sewing project to go with my finished necklace…

Tatty Devine NecklaceWith thanks to Tatty Devine for inviting me. I had so much fun!

Tatty Devine Jewellery

Regents Street ii

14 Responses to Tatty Devine Bunting Necklace Workshop

1. lizard100 says:

This looks really great! What a wonderful workshop location.

2. What fun. Also, amused by the bus notice – 20p. I just paid £2.40 for a short journey when i misplaced my card!

3. Lovely. No one else will have a necklace like it.

4. Tine says:

That necklace is really pretty! Can’t wait to see the matching dress.

5. Major necklace crush! I love the simplicity of the design and I love the colours that you have chosen.

6. Fadanista says:

Lovely idea, and your necklace is too gorgeous for words.

7. fabrickated says:

Its lovely. I like that it is quite delicate. Great to be able to choose colours that you like and that suit you. Did you have a choice of gold or silver chain?

8. lisa g says:

i love the necklace! so cute.

9. Kathy Lynch says:

You, Karen, live in my favourite city in the UNIVERSE! I consider myself well & truly blessed to be Australian (75 F & clear blue skies in Winter for one thing!), but each time I visit London, my heart skips a beat! Your necklace is cute too…maybe you could wear it on a date with TMOS?? :)

10. Sam says:

Love Tatty Devine stuff – they have a workshop based in Chatham, Kent, which is not too far from where I used to live. A fantastic British made brand who are doing wonderful things!

11. Sue goult says:

Absolutely amazing necklace, just wished we lived closer to London, and I wasn’t disabled by chronic osteo-arthritis!!!

12. Amy says:

Very cool! Though the bunting looks sharp – could you scratch yourself on it? Man, that’s a proper old lady comment, isn’t it?!

13. What a fun necklace to have at the end of a fabulous day!

14. OMG. I die. I can’t imagine how much fun that workshop would be! I adore those necklaces. And what a great memento to have from it!