Cynthia Rowley 2472 times two

The boyfriend’s away – can you tell?

Apologies for background details of my, well, crap – but I just can’t get the staff these days. This is as good as any of today’s photos are going to get.

So yesterday I hit Walthamstow market and arrived home with fabric for a skirt, a top and other things that I can’t talk about here. I also witnessed a bicycle thief being stopped in his tracks by the bike owner. High drama! But, I digress.

Yesterday evening I amused myself with a second make of the Cythnia Rowley 2472 whilst X Factor ran in the background. Believe it or not, I lopped two inches off the length of those sleeves – and they’re still trying to keep my elbows warm. I brought the neckline in by an inch either side and sliced a good seven inches off the length to make this more of a T-shirt. There was loads of this jersey fabric left over so I made myself a contrasting skinny scarf. When I say made, I mean cut. This stuff doesn’t unravel or fray – result! I still used my French seams on the make, though. I love me a French seam.

The fabric has a subtle silver thread running through it. It came in at £2 a metre. It’s been through the washing machine and dryer so is officially Indestructible. It’s a very light jersey, pretty slippery, and I thought it would be a nightmare to work with. Not so. It was a heck of a lot easier than the silk I used on the previous version. I’m pleased with this make. It’s the type of thing I can throw on with jeggings for bumming around. And it allowed me to kid myself that watching X Factor is not a total waste of time. Not when there’s a sewing machine thrumming in the background…

17 Responses to Cynthia Rowley 2472 times two

1. superheidi says:

really like this, laid back sophistication. Does that make any sense?

2. Laid back sophistication? That’s gotta make sense!

3. Tilly says:

Good work, Karen, this looks great! I love the tie thingey – does the same as a long string of beads would but looks more coordinated.

Ooh and what happened to the bike thief?? Did he run away or was there a punch up?

4. Clare says:

Really, really like this version and that photo’s lovely.

5. Thanks for all your comments. The bike thief scarpered and, I have to say, none of us gave chase. Just glad the bloke had his bike back and hadn’t been punched. The thief had cut through the lock. My bike was right next to it. My boyfriend recently had some brilliant justice when his bike was stolen and he then spotted it on Gumtree! The police did a sting!

6. Trisha says:

I like this version– so comfy looking!

I do the same thing when I’m sewing— it’s ok to watch this show because I’m accomplishing something. hee hee!

7. Very glamorous comfort! It looks great- totally different look from the same (Designer) pattern – bargain!!

I’m found knitting/ crochet is a good TV accompaniment (although not with subtitles!) More sociable than the sewing machine if the boyfriend’s home (but still creating)

8. Kerry says:

This looks great – I’m always impressed with the lovely fabric you get for such good prices!

9. Roobeedoo says:

Oh that is really cool! Even my daughter approves! ; )

10. Wow, if teen daughters approve… I mean, wow. High praise indeed! Am gobsmacked. I thought this was a very average make.

11. Clare says:

Hehe, you’re not alone – I use handsewing on the sofa as an excuse to watch X Factor.. The fabric is excellent, I’m going to have to drag myself out to Walthamstow to stock up!

12. Tasia says:

Cute! Love the matching scarf 🙂

13. rachel says:

Great shirt – I really like the scarf too. Looks perfect for being comfy in but still looking good.

14. Pingback: Go Away, I’m Blogging « Did You Make That?

15. lisette says:

I love this pattern! I made one dress and you remind me that I need to make it again. Nothing like a top with stripes! Love the scarf too.

16. Pingback: The Einstein or Eeyore Giveaway « Did You Make That?

17. Clever blonde Donna G says: