The Goldhawk Road Fabric Fandango

Photo courtesy of Aliparsa

Hi there, gang. This is a housekeeping post about the Goldhawk Road shopping trip planned on 14 May. I’m going to hit the venue and do a bit of a reccie (avoiding any actual fabric purchases – jeez, that will take some willpower). So I’ll post final details nearer the date, but for now I want to confirm a time for those of you buying train tickets into London.

My plan is to meet at 2.30pm. Exact meeting point to be confirmed after I’ve checked out the location.

To say that this meet-up was a popular suggestion might be understating the case. At the last count, there are about 20 definites – and that’s not including the Sew Weekly Sewing Circle Sewists who are already planning to hit Goldhawk Road ON THE SAME DAY. It turns out great minds really do think alike. I’ve been liaising with Debi of My Happy Sewing Place, and we’re hoping that both groups will manage to meet up.

Oh my. Is Shepherd’s Bush ready for this? Remember that IKEA ‘Chuck Out Your Chintz’ ad from a few years back, with women rampaging down the street? Is that going to be us? I’ve decided we need a snazzier title for this meet up, in the same vein as the ‘Walthamstow Shopping Frenzy’.

I hereby christen this meet-up The Goldhawk Road Fabric Fandango! Why? Because it makes me laugh.

Bring your dancing shoes and castanets!

This entry was posted in sewing, sewing and knitting and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to The Goldhawk Road Fabric Fandango

1. Ahhh, sounds good to me – can I come too (pretty please ;)) !
    Will you be covering Shepherd’s Bush Market too (it backs onto Goldhawk Road – and there’s a couple of fabric/notions stalls in there too :))? ‘Shepherds Bush Market’ underground station (Circle Line, and Hammersmith & City Line) is at the opposite end of the market to ‘Goldhawk Road’ station (on the same tube lines). Plus, on the Central Line is ‘Shepherd’s Bush’ station (only 5-6mins walk from the ‘Shepherds Bush Market’ station, or 8-10mins walk to ‘Goldhawk Road’ station) 🙂

2. Dibs says:

Claire that’s a good idea. I usually buy fabric at goldhawk road, then get notions at the market because its cheaper. there’s not much in the market for fabric though.
    Karen are sure you will be able to resist dipping into your purse? the name of the trip sounds very exciting and a tad dangerous too…lol….

3. Debi says:

Let’s FANDANGO! I’m so excited! Can’t wait to hear the results of the Recon mission!

4. Suzy says:

It sounds marvellous but again I’ll be abroad. Hopefully I’ll be around for a next time as I’m really keen to meet you all. I’ll be looking for bargain fabric in Budapest.

5. Tamsin says:

Please count me in as a maybe. I am trying to move a previous engagement so that I can come!

6. Portia says:

Still a yes from me. Lets boogie 😉
    Px

7. Bold Sewist says:

I feel like I’m missing the sewing event of the decade! It will be great – and good luck with going to check it out without buying anything … !

8. Tilly says:

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooop!!!!!!!

9. Laura says:

I was a tentative yes, but I’m now a definite yes! Yay!

Although I’m also rather a nervous yes – I’m hoping that fabric enthusiasm will overcome shyness 🙂

10. Marie says:

I’d love to come too please!!!

11. I’m in too! Would have written sooner but have just gone back to work. Still trying to find a rythmn. 🙂

12. charlotte says:

I’m lurking here (taking a break from sewweekly!), FYI at the moment we are at least 15 from the sewweekly sewing circle, we are meeting up at the V and A first so you will see us all coming in our red, white and blue outfits in one group …. on sewweekly we were wondering if we could do a sort of The Apprentice inspired bargaining discount type thing in the shops as there are so many of us ;0)
    Should be fun!

13. Carly says:

Ooh I’d not really registered this trip until Tilly mentioned it, I would love to come pretty please as long as we’re not getting too many in number??

14. Pingback: Just how many items of clothing can you get from a 2.5m x 160cm piece of navy denim? | Scruffy Badger Time

15. Pingback: Just how many items of clothing can you get from a 2.5m x 160cm piece of navy denim? | | Scruffy Badger TimeScruffy Badger Time