Wait A Minute, Mr Postman!

A parcel arrived today. Who could have sent it?

It was packed so neatly, with a scrunched up paper pattern instead of styrofoam. (McCalls 8378 if you’re interested.)

Oh, look! I recognise that logo…

My new wrist pin cushion. It goes with my watch!

When I read that The Cupcake Goddess had added wrist pin cushions to her Etsy store I was like a greyhound out of a trap. I LOVE wrist pin cushions. They’re incredibly useful when you’re pinning something tricky and don’t want to chase a pin cushion across the table. But the two I’d had so far had underperformed woefully. These are the little blighters:

The plastic bracelet is so brittle that it snaps even when you gently ease it onto your wrist. The cushion is made out of hard foam that I’m sure blunts pins. I was going to have a go at making my own, but when I saw the beauties that The Cupcake Goddess had created it was a no brainer. I’ve never had my debit card out of my purse so fast!

This pin cushion is lovely in real life. Beautifully made and soooo pretty. I want to wear it out as a fashion accessory, but I think people would look at me oddly.

I’m now the proud owner of three pin cushions:

The heart-shaped one on the left is a handmade gift. The tiny brown one was bought from Liberty right at the start of my sewing career. In an ideal world, I’d have a pin cushion in every room of the house for when I’m wandering from sewing machine to mirror, wailing, ‘Does my bum look big pinned in this?’

How many pin cushions do you own? Can you beat three?

Thank you, Cupcake Goddess!

It goes with my new bag, too!

Okay. Perhaps there can be such a thing as TOO MUCH PINK.

18 Responses to Wait A Minute, Mr Postman!

1. pinqueen says:

I sew and here is my confession – I’m a pin cushion nerd… I daren’t tell you how many I have, but lets say it is a few more than 3.
    Tomorrow I will be going to London with my sister to see the Wizard of Oz, of course I’m excited, but what I’m more excited about purchasing a pin cushion from Liberty – but don’t tell her that….
    Love yours, they are SO pretty.

2. Ashley says:

I have three too. Two that came with those sewing kits you get in the little zip up bag things (I don’t know where I got the sewing kits from!), and a wrist pin cushion that I made myself but is currently too big. The button needs taking off and moving further up, but its such a boring thing to do I just haven’t done it yet. I’ll take a look at The Cupcake Goddess has to offer instead πŸ˜€
    Ashley x

3. Debi says:

LOVE it!! Looks incredibly useful!

4. Katie says:

Very cute! Goes with your ring, too – I don’t know of such a thing as too much pink. I just have one pincushion, but it’s a giant caddy and I cart it all over the house as it has all my tools in it as well as my pins.

5. Rachel says:

I love you Karen

6. Sarah says:

Lovely pin cushion.

There. Can. NEVER. Be. Too. Much. Pink.

Sarah :0)

7. Oh I’m so glad you like it! This just makes my WHOLE day! And to be honest, it hasn’t been a great day either! But not all is right! It looks fabulous on you! Aren’t pincushions just the best? Truly, they MAKE you want to sit down and sew. So glad you are enjoying it!

xoxo,
    Sunni

8. Tilly says:

So cool! I’m a bit disturbed by the scrunched up pattern though. Seems such a waste! Can you iron it out and make the project? Unless it’s (a href=”http://www.flickr.com/photos/45657582@N08/5254501648/”>this one, in which case all is forgiven.

9. Bold Sewist says:

Love it. I’m jealous!

10. Kirsty says:

Wowza, I love it! She is a goddess indeed, a goddess who will be getting a chunk of my next pay cheque if I can finally decide which fabrics I want for my future tailor’s ham & seam roll. You’re new bag is fabulous too, strong work!

11. Marie says:

Very nice! I have a magnetic pin cushion, does that even count as a “cushion”?, that I use all the time. I do have a more fancy one that’s shaped like a little handbag. However, I bought it about seven years ago and have never taken out of the box!

But, but – I love your pink bag! Where is it from?

12. Adrienne says:

I am in LOVE with your new bag!

13. Jane says:

I’m afraid I’ve only got one pin cushion and it’s pretty tiny, so that means I need another one urgently, preferably one I can wear on my wrist. I LOVE The Cupcake Goddess’s things, I’m gazing lovingly at my tailor’s ham as I write this. Mine also came wrapped in an old pattern which I’ve kept, I couldn’t bear to throw it out! x

14. Erika says:

Adorable pin cushion! And your other ones are also so pretty! Like Marie I use a magnetic pin cushion (I’ve just bought a second one, to be able to separate my really good needles from the ones I use for toilles and such), they’re so practical. No chasing it, no need to worry about the needles disappearing. Just let go of the needle in the vincinity of the pin cushion, and it will land safely at home =)

15. Amanda says:

Fun! I have a wrist pincushion coming in the mail from The Cupcake Goddess too. I also want to wear it around as an accessory, maybe we’ll all start some kind of trend πŸ™‚ It will be my 4th pincushion, but my only wrist one (after giving away my flimsy flower one to a happy 7-year-old who wears it all day long as a bracelet!).

16. Lisa says:

Haha, I had just written a post about my pincushions, when I read yours! Very cute pincushions you have. The Cupcake Goddess’s pincushions look like sweet candy, yum! Check out my pincushions at my blog πŸ™‚