MMJ2 – Shall We Hug?

Isn’t Jerry fabulous? Isn’t his hair AWESOME? I want to take Jerry home with me and bring him out when I need cheering up.

This was third time lucky. The first person I approached, wearing a fabulous bow tie and beard, sadly was about to tuck into his breakfast. The second person complimented me on my skirt but said she hated having her photo taken.

Then I saw Jerry.

He was quick to comply as long as I promised to be quick with the photo.

‘Get the skirt in, get the skirt in!’ one of his mates advised as a group of them peered into the view finder.

‘Shall we hug?’ Jerry suggested.

‘YES, LET’S HUG!’ I screeched.

I’m wearing my second make of the Beignet skirt. This version is brilliant. It just goes with everything and works. I had to plan ahead for today’s outfit as I ran into work this morning, which means bringing a change of clothes into the office the day before. I find it very difficult anticipating what I’ll be in the mood for wearing or what the weather will be like. I particularly dislike pre-choosing jewellery as I love that final, spontaneous moment of the morning before the day begins.

Some things shouldn’t be pre-planned. Though I wouldn’t be above planning to bump into Jerry again.

17 Responses to MMJ2 – Shall We Hug?

1. Hi, just came across your blog and I love it! Have been trying to work out how to subscribe, can´t seem to find the button. Or am I being a bit dim after a long day?! Take care, Tanya

2. Dibs says:

hahahahaha!!! Jerry’s hair is very cute. NEVER EVER disturb a man about to tuck into food. lol…

3. Lisa says:

Jerry’s hair is awesome !! I love this skirt I really do . I can see why you love it too .

4. Jane says:

I’d like my own personal Jerry too! Shame the fabulous, bearded bow-tie wearer turned you down but I can understand his reasoning. I wore my beignet today too! I liked it so much I’ve been pondering a black version and then your post popped up. Definitely a sign! x

5. KC says:

What is Jerry-of-the-Wonderful-Hair holding onto with his right hand? Oh, and beautiful skirt, of course. This is going to be a great month of photos!

6. You are delightful! How fun! I too love Jerry’s hair. Totally fabulous skirt and you are terribly daring to go up to a complete stranger and ask to have your picture taken with them. I am totally in awe! xoxo, Sunni

7. Roobeedoo says:

OMG – you are so jammy! ANOTHER supermodel to pose with!

8. Oh yes, definitely struck lucky with Jerry – very good “say cheese” moment. Oh, & great skirt too!

9. Law says:

I can tell I am going to love you MMJ posts! I really like the spontaneity of these photos, seeing your outfits in action in real life, rather than in a prepared posed picture, it’s so original and fab! Love these. Loving Jerry’s hair to.

10. I am loving your MMJ pics! The people, the clothes… That skirt is smashing, and I like your necklace too 🙂

11. SewOm says:

Love love love love love this pic! Jerry’s hair – wow. And your skirt – wow. I can see how its a workhorse in your wardrobe. And the red belt is a nice touch. Well done, you!

12. Steph says:

I’m loving these posts, it’s the highlight of my day!

13. Thank you all for your lovely encouragement!

14. Sarah says:

I LOVE how you are documenting MMJ! Jerry is awesome!! I wanna put him in mah tea! 🙂

15. blankenmom says:

Yes – I LOVE his hair… and Jerry!

Oh yeah – the dress is cute too. ;P

16. New Yorker says:

I love his hair. How wonderful to be at an age to be able to wear one’s hair like that.

17. Molly says:

Love Jerry’s hair! He looks like a very handy person to have around on a hot day when you’re in need on some shade to stand in! Great snapping 🙂