MMJ6 – You Looking At Me?

Right, lovely boys. There’s been quite enough fun and larking about. Photographic evidence of Me Made June is an important business. Shoulders back, chin up and eyes front!

This is me with my new brother-in-arms, Ilmar. He works at the recently refurbished St Pancras Renaissance Hotel, and we’re being photographed on the splendid main stairs. Frankly, I’m amazed I got away with this snap. Last time I was in the hotel to peek at the Gothic glamour, I was chased out as a non-guest. This time things were far more relaxed.

Well, things were relaxed – Ilmar took his role very seriously indeed. When I slid my eyes to one side, I saw that he stood as rigidly as a soldier on drill. It felt only right to adopt the same pose. No free hugs being handed out here!

Which is why I was glad to bump into his colleague, the doorman called Gabor:

‘Shall I lift you in my arms?’ he enquired from beneath his bowler hat, as we took our places beside the Bentley. If I’d picked up one inkling that he was serious, I’d have gone for it. With those broad shoulders (his, not mine) I was close to swooning.

The staff at the St Pancras Hotel are intensely proud of their employ. They were utterly charming, although I did at times feel like Alice in Wonderland, after she’d sipped from the ‘Drink me’ bottle:

‘What a curious feeling!’ said Alice; `I must be shutting up like a telescope.’

These men were giants!

What was mini-me wearing? This is my Skirt of Extreme Happiness, made from red cashmere wool bought in Paris. That fabric has also supplied me with a red dress and a lot of joy, picture details below:

This was the perfect skirt to wear on a chilly, damp day that became much warmer and lovelier once I’d met Gabor and Ilmar.

If I ever need a bodyguard, I know where to go…

This entry was posted in sewing, sewing and knitting, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to MMJ6 – You Looking At Me?

1. Law says:

Wow i am so curious about this hotel i can’t believe you blagged your way in and made friends with the staff! Best pics yet by the way.

2. Debi says:

I LOVE it!!!! Ilmar is definitely at attention and Gabor looks so lovely!!!! Fabulous day!!

3. Mercy says:

This gets better every day! I don’t normally comment, but I am so impressed- you are my heroine.

4. Elizabeth says:

Haha, for a minute there, I thought you were a heroin, not as glam as a heroine I’m afraid, but equally as dashing, I suppose. I love this MMJ entry the best so far.

5. Dilly says:

Ah, these Me-Made-Plus-Stranger photos and the tales that go with them are just brilliant! Thank you so much for bringing a smile to my face (and many others’ too I should think!)

6. Fantastic location too – I’d love to take a peek!
    Nice shoes too 😉

7. Jane says:

Oh these are fab. I like the one of you with Ilmar the best and you’re right, they’re both gigantic! Ilmar’s stance brings to mind Lurch from the Addams Family (in a good way!) x

8. Suzy says:

Very brave!! I have no courage for such things.
    I seem to recall seeing old photos of the building so curious to see what it looks like now.

9. alex says:

That skirt is so fabulous! I want one! Loving the photos and the stories that go with them.

10. Roobeedoo says:

You are completely fearless aren’t you?!

11. Isn’t Picnik fun? 😉

12. rachel says:

These are fantastic – you look like you’re having a blast!

13. Karen in VA says:

Great outfit and great location!!! Always nice to have some eye candy…..

14. Oh dear, I think I’m going to have to do a whole other blog post about the ‘real me’. I can be quite the wall flower!

15. Roisin says:

You’re a star, and the skirt is pretty impressive as well!

16. RobinDenning says:

oooooo, your photos are so fun! And I love the outfit with the red skirt and jean jacket. So much so, that I wore the exact same thing last Friday.
    I really need to participate in a Me-Made-Month. MAybe next time.

17. mooncalf says:

I cannot describe quite how much I am loving this series. I am going to be GUTTED when the month ends!

18. Pingback: Where Karen Goes, The Spice Girls Follow | Did You Make That?