MMJ18 – Do You Want Fish With That Love?

You already know all about this Me Made Sorbetto top so I won’t go over familiar ground. I’m with Marie in the Brothers’ Fish Bar, but more importantly – I’M SERVING CHIPS! Me!

I didn’t need an induction, training or a health and safety lecture. They didn’t even give me a tabard. It was just, ‘Yeah, you can go behind the counter and play with the boiling oil if you want to.’

Clearly, I’m a natural. Help yourself to salt and vinegar.

15 Responses to MMJ18 – Do You Want Fish With That Love?

1. Melizza says:

How awesome is that! I love how brave you’ve been, asking random people to take pictures with you. Very cool.

2. Tilly says:

Mmm…. chips… That lady has her photo pout down to a tee. Loving these posts, Karen – I’ve just caught up with your posts this week and each one is better than the next. You definitely win MMJ! x

3. Jane says:

Oh, not fair, I always wanted to work in a chippy! Sorbetto looking good. x

4. Portia says:

and a pickled onion please…..made my first Sorbetto yesterday….will have finished my second tonight! I officially have my first pattern crush!
    Love your version!
    Px

5. grenouille78 says:

Every one of these photos you’ve posted has made me smile. šŸ™‚

6. Sorbetto looks fab. I’ll have chips and a pastie bap please! LOVE the flagrant disregard for health and safety, it’s so 70s!! šŸ˜‰

7. Joolz says:

It’s nice that not all of Britain has got caught up in the health and safety trap. My DH was at our local butchers a few months ago and commented to the guy behind the counter who was making sausages how difficult it looked. He was promptly invited behind the counter to have a try.

I am loving the MMJ posts. I think you should keep it up for at least the rest of the year šŸ™‚

Julie

8. rachel says:

The Sorbetto looks great in action!

9. Roobeedoo says:

Oh no. Couldn’t you have gone to the Chinese take out at the end of Woodlands Road instead? I always thought the Brothers’ chips were a bit dry. LOL

10. melissa says:

Wot, no hair net? :O

11. Dilly says:

Ooh, great pic, and you’ve reminded me how much I miss proper British chippy chips… Mmm…

Your sorbetto top is beautiful! I’ve been seeing lots of these tops around, but didn’t realise it was a free pattern – I’m off there now to download it!