MMJ24 – Friday Night’s Alright For Fighting

A North London pub on a Friday night? You’ll be lucky if you get a ‘please’ or a ‘thank you’ from most bar staff. The fact that Ollie patiently endured my pleading smiles as he ran from customer to customer is pretty amazing. The extra fact that he finally found the spare five minutes to indulge a sewing and knitting blog is even more amazing.

‘Yes, Karen. My rock god credentials mean that I can indulge you on a monumental scale and give your silly witterings an iota of street cred. No, I won’t tell you where the best place is to buy skinny jeans. No, Karen, I won’t give you a half pint of cider on the house, no matter how much you beg.’

I’m wearing my Golden Vintage Cardigan that took seven weeks to knit. You can glimpse it in the photo – JUST. It’s a pattern by Baby Cocktails – I’m a big fan of her knitting designs.

That there is an MMJ24 blog post today is nothing short of a miracle. I’ve been REALLY busy, getting through work to clear my desk for … a four-day break in Paris. But this means I am missing So Zo’s Brighton meet-up. I don’t know whether to laugh or cry. I can just imagine everyone in Brighton chatting, shopping, comparing notes… Without me!!!! On the other hand… fabric, Paris, fabric, Paris, credit cards, because I’m worth it, fabric, Paris.

The fact that I booked the hotel and the fact that the hotel is in the fabric-buying centre of Paris is an utter coincidence and if other people allow me to book hotels when they know I have a serious sewing addiction is not my fault and I probably won’t buy anything anyway and really it will be fine because I have loads of fabric and don’t need anything else…

Honest.

A bientot!

This entry was posted in knitting, sewing and knitting and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to MMJ24 – Friday Night’s Alright For Fighting

1. GretchenH says:

Love the photo! Have a fabulous time in Paris. I’d love to hear some of your favorite fabric spots over there.

2. Fatty Bumble says:

Phwaor! (or sounds to that effect!) Yum!

Have a fantabulous time in gay Paree! And if you do happen to find some gorgeous fabric and your credit card slips into the sales assistants hands all the better, I can’t wait to see what lovely stuff you come home with!

3. grenouille78 says:

I love that that tough guy is now on a sewing-knitting blog. And I am intensely jealous of your four day fabricpalooza in Paris. I am still kicking myself for not buying any (geez, what was I thinking?) before we left. You *have* to get something, so all the rest of us can live vicariously through you and your fabric. Plus, it’s much easier to have a stranger spend the money. 😉

4. Portia says:

Hmmmm, cute I think…..not sure n the stubble is all….ha ha….what am I talking about! I bet if he had his arm around me like that I’d go all girly and pathetic- he he!
    FABRIC DISTRICT!!!!!!!!!!!!! PARISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    OMG! Have a great time. Can’t wait to see who you find to be photographed with in Paris!
    Px

5. Karin says:

Hahaha, goodluck with the not buying anything part. And great photo! Have fun in Paris.

6. Debi says:

ooohhh! have a fabulous time in Paris and I can’t wait to see what you buy!!!!! I’m missing the Brighton meet-up too…sigh….

7. Tamsin says:

Wow! Have fun! What is French for “please can I take a picture of you with me, for my sewing blog?”

8. Kerry says:

I’d like to see more of that cardigan! I jut checked it out on Ravelry and it looks like a lovely pattern. Enjoy Paris!

9. Dibs says:

Ha…..no fabric buying? Don’t think so. Lol. You will be pleased to know that I did not buy any fabric in Brighton…..shocking right? But then again I think I have been corrupted bygoldhawk road. I am so looking forward to ur French me made pics.