MMJ28 – Le Chat Clochette

There’s not been anywhere near enough animal action here at Me Made June, so say hello to Clochette.

Clochette: Zees sewing bloggers. They have no – comment est’ce qu’on dit? – dignity. She sits on the floor for a photo wiz me. Pah! I despise her.

Clochette is the hotel cat. I think she’s genetically bred to patiently endure small children, hysterical tourists and people who sew things like this dress.

Clochette: She made that? Mon dieu! This woman really needs to find herself a French seamstress vitement.

I spent today eating, drinking, eating, drinking, um … hiding from the heat, eating and drinking.

Clochette: She does not tell a lie. This woman is a pig!

I am wearing…

Clochette: Enough! Do zees people care about your Simplicity tunic? Do you not think that they are sick to the back teeth of your daily blog posts? Have you not heard that less is more? Do it the Parisian way, Karen – libertie, egalite and silence. Leave your readers alone.

Um, okay. May I have one last close up?

Clochette (rolling eyes): When is your Eurostar back to London? Is this how humans really behave? Zut alors!

And just to make it clear that I did actually get photographed with a human stranger today:

This is Eric, a waiter at Hotel du Louvre. (NOT where we stayed, but where we went for an ice-cream.) Eric didn’t pour scorn on Me Made June in the same way as Clochette, but then he was probably hoping for a nice, fat tip.

Next stop? London.

11 Responses to MMJ28 – Le Chat Clochette

1. Colleen says:

ALL cats pour scorn on humans, not just French ones. It’s just that the cats of other nationalities sometimes hide it better.

2. Karyn says:

I am so loving MMJ! I told everyone about your blog who would listen to me when i went to the O2 on Sunday to see Glee. I even read Sunday’s blog post to my friends on the clipper! I seriously cannot wait to see what you do next!

3. Miriana says:

You’re getting some impressive guests to post – first it was Dick van Dyke, now it’s Rene from ‘Allo Allo. Formidable.

4. Alessa says:

😀 You should put words into the mouth of random cats/animals/things more often. Fun!

5. Trisha says:

Mwa ha ha! Laughing out loud at this one.

6. Corinne says:

Le darling chat, MMJ gets better and better. You are amazing!!

7. Suzie says:

Hee hee hee – loved this post! The last shot of the cat is classic – what a complete look of disgust!

8. Donna says:

Hello!
    I LOVE your blog! I found it in the middle of May, and I just wanted you to know that you have made me smile every time I read it. Thankyou for that :o)
    I have found it to be very addictive, and have been tuning in everyday to see your MMJ’s.
    I’m new to sewing, and think the fact that you’ve made all those clothes yourself totally inspiring!
    Thankyou do much for sharing with us all, and making me smile :o)
    Have a safe journey back to London .x

9. oonaballoona says:

zut alors. my day, you have made eeet.

10. I missed these posts last week. It sounds like you had a perfectly lovely visit to Paris, despite the heat.