The Blame Game

Which among you made this happen?

I hold Miss P entirely responsible. She marched me into the shop and… Oh no. That was at the weekend, buying fabric.

I know! This is all Pins & Needles fault. Yes, yes, that’s right. If she hadn’t sent me the link to that crochet Youtube video, I would never have… Oh dear. I was planning on crocheting a baby blanket for a friend, anyway, wasn’t I?

Okay, whose fault was this? Fess up! Who was the idiot who made me discover the Deramores website and which fool forced me to glance at the ‘River Camp Knits’ book and … Oh, I give up.

The Internet is a very, very bad thing. Continue reading blogs at your peril. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.

After only one lunchtime of learning, however, I do have this…

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to The Blame Game

1. Portia says:

Oh my gosh! That is sooooooo spooky!! SERIOUSLY! My friend’s mother showed me how to crochet (the exact same style of granny square) several weeks ago and I was totally hooked (he he! Pun alert!) for days afterwards. I have a little collection of those squares myself in a cream coloured cotton yarn. It’s the perfect portable craft for your train journeys and much easier than knitting is to rectify a mistake too as you just unravel to the last single loop.
    Px

• Ah, now it all makes perfect sense. At the weekend, you were silently and surreptitiously sending messages into my brain to make me do this. So it IS your fault! Only kidding!!! How spooky that we’re both crocheting little cream squares. NB Used the sleeve arm press thingie several times already. What a bargain for £1.29!

2. Ashley says:

I discovered Deramores the other day, placed an order and signed up to their news letter. A couple of days later they announced their 40% off summer sale in a news letter. Damn it! Just my luck that I order right before a massive sale!
    Congrats on the granny square! Thats about as far as my crocheting ever gets. I think I’ll stick with knitting, I just can’t get the hang of crochet! 🙂

3. Sarah says:

Well done!! Once you can crochet a granny square you can crochet ANYTHING!!

S x

4. What a great square! I’m attempting to learn to crochet too. Good luck to both of us! 😉

5. rachel says:

Stellar work! My nana taught me to crochet when I was still in single figures and, despite her sterling efforts, I’m still absolutely rubbish!

6. ooobop says:

So neat Karen. I can see how easy it is to get hooked on crochet!

7. jadestar says:

Well done! I love crocheting. I taught myself from a book a few years ago. I nearly always have something on the go these days. Its very relaxing. And once you can make a granny square you really can crochet just about anything. The principle is the same.

At the risk of being to blame, have you discovered ravelry.com? There is a whole host of free patterns, knitters/crocheters and loads of inspiration, and lots of help to be had.

8. Jane says:

The lure of the internet, lol. Now where did you get that wool – Deramores did you say!

9. Annec says:

Not to cause you more angst or anything, but you might find is crocheters blog delicious…

(suggest you wear a bib when looking at this blog….you will drool…)

10. Kathy Vaughn says:

Welcome to the CA club (crocheters anonymous. Once you are “hooked”, there’s nothing that can help you.

11. Pingback: The Welcome Martha Crocheted Baby Blanket | Did You Make That?