The nurse’s outfit has been made, ready for tonight’s Murder Mystery Dinner. Thank you very much for all your comments, suggestions and web links! I followed Macdoodles suggestions for how to make my veil. My lovely boyfriend helped me by painting on my red crosses with fabric paint. I knew I wouldn’t be patient enough for this amount of precision:
I used some really cheap, but pristine white cotton off Walthamstow market. I didn’t properly measure anything – it was all done by eye and on a wing and a prayer.
Once completed, I took myself up to the local hospital for a quick photoshoot:
I am now going to have a sit down and recover from the SHOCK of mens’ reactions to what is, after all, a very demure nurse’s outfit. Let’s just say, I drew my fair share of attention. Oh well, if I will insist on making a fool of myself in public…!