Knitovision Needed

I wish someone would hurry up and invent Knitovision so that you could reach through your monitor and stroke this merino wool, that the full saturation of colour could make your eyeballs dance and, most importantly, that you could enjoy the emotional comfort of having this wool within hand’s reach. My plan is to use this on a make of Savory Knitting’s Norfolk Hat.

There’s no doubting that sewing and knitting are my emotional barometers. When all is well in my world, the thrum of the sewing machine is my soundtrack. When I need some TLC, I curl up on the sofa for the eminently more meditative, quiet and cosy arena of knitting with a blanket over my knees and maybe a G&T at my side.

I’m tired at the end of a busy week. Guess which it’s going to be tonight?

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Knitovision Needed

1. Nikki says:

I love the colour of this wool. It’s really cheerful! I reckon it’ll be the knitting tonight!

2. This is very lovely. I’m in the process of learning to crochet. Knitting is next! I hope you have a relaxing evening of knitting 🙂

3. Felicity from Down Under says:

knitting is always wonderful and there’s something about an achievable project like a hat (or perhaps mittens) that makes it eminently appealing when you can’t quite muster the mental energy for something as precise a sewing often needs to be.

4. Sherry says:

Mmm… lovely colour!
    I find knitting a different ‘mood’ type of craft too, and like to have a couple of projects on the go – one needing concentration, one easy for relaxing, and one portable for work/bus/etc – oops, that’s three projects!

5. grenouille78 says:

Hm. I know what you mean. I don’t knit, but I do crochet, and there is something about working with yarn that’s introspective and comforting. Well suited to the season, I think, as autumn tends to breed those feelings anyways. Enjoy that merino; it looks lovely.

6. Roobeedoo says: