Keeping The Faith

I’m working on the Faith cardigan from Kim Hargreaves’s Heartfelt Collection. This is the hem trim. Isn’t it pretty? The pattern is a six row repeat, which makes it ideal for picking up and putting down in spare moments. But I’m a pretty slow knitter, so expect to see a final make just in time for Summer 2012!

I have simmering pre-Christmas panic. Not only do I still have presents to buy, but I have two writing deadlines to meet before the break and a lot of writing to do over the break. (The wooden pebbles were bought in Cornwall and are kept as talismans on my desk. Their warm, smooth surfaces are perfect for handling when deep in the ‘What the hell do I do with the next chapter?’ angst.) For writers, Christmas isn’t really a holiday – it’s just a nice chunk of time to get some writing done in between the fun. But don’t worry, there will be FUN!

This entry was posted in knitting, sewing and knitting, Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Keeping The Faith

1. What a lovely colour!
    I saw your wooden pebbles and immediately thought ‘darning eggs’ and wondered whether you were doing a bit of sock repair.

2. The knitting is just gorgeous and I adore the color. I get so jealous seeing lovely knitting photos like this as I have no idea how to knit and it seems that it would take such a long time to get to a point like this. Your’s looks positively lovely! And i do so love your “worry stones.” xoxo, Sunni

3. Elizabeth says:

That’s gorgeous knitting you’re working on. Good luck with all your writing!

4. Marie says:

This is looking so lovely Karen, it doesn’t matter how long it takes…it’s going to look wonderful!

5. Debi says:

That is such a beautiful pattern–love the colour you chose too! oooooohhhh….I am so excited to be able to catch up in person soon!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

6. Roobeedoo says:

Very neat and even stitches you’ve got there! Is it cotton? Lovely design and well worth all the effort!
    Please do not mention Christmas deadlines! TOO scary!

7. Anne says:

looks great! look forward to seeing the finished article!

8. Lovely pattern! And what yarn are you using?
    Emma

9. SO perty! Very cute knitting so far. Gosh, you’ve reminded me that I’ve also got an assignment that I’ve got to hand in after New Year & keep on forgetting it, let alone have done any work on it. Although I’ve got a long break over Christmas, the last thing I want to do is work! I want to sew & knit & craft wonderful things for my handmade christmas … My Mum would always encourage me to finish the non fun thing first so that I could then enjoy the fun without feeling guilty ….. BUT ……
    Good luck with your deadlines…. it sounds as if finishing them before Christmas will then allow you to relax & have your fun !

10. Love that knit! Pretty as. I bet you ain’t that slow. I just knit ALL .THE .TIME. so create the illusion of being fast.
    Funnily enough my new Kim Hargreaves arrived today…BRILLIANT, blogged it

11. Robyn says:

It’s so pretty, it’ll look awesome when it’s finished.

12. Alessa says:

Very pretty! The picot border looks so cute. ๐Ÿ™‚

13. Gorgeous blue!

I’m a knitter who started reading your blog for the sewing, but I get really excited to see your knitting, too. ๐Ÿ™‚