Lego Logo

Oh, it’s good to be home. The journey was not without its trials and tribulations – a taxi driver who ripped us off was the least of it. At airport security I realised I’d left my netbook and kindle at the hotel. Oops. What a lemon! Thank goodness, the hotel is posting my belongings to me.

New Year’s Eve heralds a small second Christmas for my boyfriend, who bravely volunteered to leave behind some of his Christmas presents to make our journey North more doable. So today he unwrapped the things I’d made for him.

Frankly, I’m close to speechless. I expected much eye rolling and the odd snigger. As it turns out, he loves his makes!

I painted this mug when I went to Crafty Pint with Huggie Does Homespun and Leopard Anchor. As you can see, painting isn’t my forte. This is the type of mug you’d give a toddler (and the parents would quickly put somewhere ‘safe’ ie out of sight) – but Ian swears blind this receptacle is the perfect size for a strong coffee. Whaddya know?

During December, whenever Ian disappeared to the office to do his Open University studies (or play computer games – you be the judge) I’d get my embroidery out. It’s a miracle Ian and I get on so well. I love going out and seeing people; Ian just wishes everyone would go away and leave him alone. I thought he’d be a bit sniffy about embroidery, but he is thrilled with this too and threatening to put it on his desk at work! WHAT am I doing right?!!!

In return, Ian has made something for all of us to share as we head into 2012. Our own Lego Logo, complete with man carrying Olympic torch and a little dog:

I’d like to wish each and every one of you a wonderful New Year’s Eve. May we all receive everything we deserve in the next year. And come on. We deserve a lot!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to Lego Logo

1. Dibs says:

We sure do. Happy New Year Karen. Love the Lego.

2. Jane says:

Now it’s my turn – can you make a carbon copy of your boyfriend and send him to Ealing please? My kids would worship him forever for his Lego logo skills alone! Happy New Year Karen, thanks for playing such an inspiring role in the past sewing year. x

3. molly says:

haha, sounds like he has a wonderful personality and sense of humor!

4. Carolyn says:

Happy New Year to you too! Glad that you’re Kindle and Netbook are being safely returned to you…and I’m looking forward to your sewing adventures in 2012!

5. lizajane says:

The lego logo is so awesome! As is the mug. Happy new year!

6. Alice says:

Aww, you two are obviously perfect for each other! I agree with Jane, if you could just pop a copy in the post to me in Kingston I’d be very grateful!

Looking forward to meeting you at the Crafty Ceilidh in Edinburgh. I’ve been a bit of a sewing blog lurker this year, but you’re posts have been very inspiring and I’m looking forward to starting to sew garments in 2012.

Happy New Year!

7. Yay!!! great makes by you AND from Ian x

8. Debi says:

Happy New Year! I just LOVE that embroidery you made for Ian!! Brilliant!!!

9. That lego logo is all kinds of amazing.

10. Liz says:

The gifts are great and the lego is fantastic!

11. lazystitcher says:

Haha… this post is filled to the brim with AWESOME! Happy New Year to both of you!

12. Michelle says:

He’s a keeper, your boyfriend! Obviously appreciates the gifts made with love!

Happy new year to you both!

13. Kirstieh says:

Happy new year! Love reading your blog xx

14. Suzanne says:

Jut catching up on my blog reading and completely enjoyed your adventures with your sister…Happy New Year to you and yours!

15. Sarah says:

Great logo! Happy 2012

16. Well done on all the lovely gifts! The lego logo is superb! What a talented couple!

17. happyhermit says:

I bet the Lego man is well gel!

18. Thread Ov Metal says:

Your embroidery is fantastic! I love it!

That LEGO is rad, too!

19. Karen you always make me laugh too! I have come back to leave a comment after the LEGO logo remains firmly in my imagination. You clearly inspire each other – it is awesome & you are one lucky gal. And that he also appreciated the mug – too right! The best kind of present receiver – he knows that’s your crafting soul laid bare & it’s beautiful.

20. Yep, love the Lego, well done Ian. Gotta show this post to my boy = 13 yr old Lego fan. I’m on the home straight. Happy new year, in June!