Central Saint Martins – Week Three In Images

A Fashion Student

A Sewing-Themed Tattoo

Back copies of fashion magazines

Library samples of … um, you decide.

Wearers of aprons – your duty is to serve and protect!

In hindsight, a Spin class and cycle commute weren’t a good idea on the same day as my pattern making course. Halfway through the evening lesson, I crashed and burned. I had no idea what I was doing. I carried my hatchet job dart adjustments over to my tutor.

‘You’ve been cutting random slices, haven’t you?’ she asked. I nodded dumbly. ‘You’re usually so sensible, Karen.’ She’s only known me two weeks! I told her I was over-tired. I didn’t dare admit I’d been having too much fun at the weekend. After all, sewing is a serious business…

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Central Saint Martins – Week Three In Images

1. That apron book cracks me up. Hope the darts worked out in the end.

2. Joanne says:

Oh Karen – take it easy on yourself! Although it did make me giggle. 🙂

3. Marie says:

From my experience, spin classes are a full time job by themselves…so maybe don’t partake in one on the same night as your sewing you crazy lady ;o) I can’t get over how cool Central Saint Martins looks, what a wonderful opportunity you have!

4. shivani says:

just watching spin class (as I wait for midweek meditation) is too too exhausting. I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again, I just don’t know how you do it all! Central Saint Martins looks amazing!! thanks for the sneak peaks.

5. Karen I hope you will take it easy for the rest of the week…that course and venue seem so amazingly cool it would be a pity if you couldn’t attend anymore due to burnout. Can I tell you I am awfully jealous about that course you are taking? It looks so cool. I might have to rethink my holiday plans for a sewing trip to London. Can’t wait to see what you learn!

6. Felicity from Down Under says:

Please give up trying to fit so many things into one day (especially such exhausting ones as spin class), you’ll kill yourself. And we wouldn’t want that. Also, you’ll spoil your own enjoyment of the pattern-making course. You need to be fresh and clear headed. Spin classes are definitely contraindicated and I personally would probably caution against cycling; but it might be a good way for you to get there quickly. I don’t think the busy weekend was at all responsible for any of the weariness.

Funnily enough, I read it that the aprons were the things protecting the wearer, who was probably doing the serving.

7. Susan says:

I love that tattoo! What a cool place , don’t exhaust yourself so you can’t take full advantage of it.

8. Alice Weir says:

Ooh, that tatoo is amazing! What are you making in your classes Karen? I’m excited to see what you produce! Or is it more technique rather than project based?

9. oonaballoona says:

well the gods had to do SOMETHING to even the scales after that amazing weekend… (jealous? yes.)

i googled the blue plastic nekeze thingy, in my mind the most suspect of them all, it’s a hair product website!

10. LinB says:

Police motto is “to protect and serve.” Kitchen aprons are “to serve and protect.” Kitchen police? Does anyone besides me even wear aprons when they cook? I end up using the same one over and over, as it is the bestest at protecting my clothing from splots and blodges and oil spills. Perhaps I should sew up a few more of them.

11. sarah says:

What a fabulously cool place central saint martins looks!! I agree don’t exhaust yourself before pattern cutting class, you need your strength and energy to get the most out of it.

12. Tilly says:

Swimming pool floats and soap-on-a-rope? Didn’t know you could get those in a library…

13. Franca says:

Hehe, to serve and protect! that makes me laugh! Nice to meet you on Sat!

14. grenouille78 says:

I think that first girl was my college roommate. I’d love to have that apron book!

15. Adrienne says:

Hey, it happens. Thanks for blogging in spite of your extreme fatigue! I hope you treated yourself to a good night’s sleep!

16. kazzthespazz says:

Hey that tattoo is almost as good as my sewing tattoo; almost. Library samples of sponges perhaps?