Central Saint Martin – Week Four In Images

The school was full of industrious students this week.

I was surrounded by interesting creations.

Our class has done more dart manipulation than Adrian Lewis.

But best of all, I’ve found a much better way of wearing my tartan skirt! Following suggestions from my readers, I teamed it with a jumper instead of the shiny blouse. Specifically, the Debbie Bliss sweater I completed three months ago. Don’t things look SO much better? I’m very tempted to make a second version of this sweater, as it’s just too darn cute to have only one in my wardrobe.

Thank you, readers. Like the fickle little sewing blogger I am, I now love my tartan skirt!

24 Responses to Central Saint Martin – Week Four In Images

1. ooobop! says:

Love it! Pefectly ensembled!

2. I looked at the pictures first and thought ‘hooray she’s rescued the skirt’ 🙂 Glad you found a way to make it work.

3. Kat says:

Loving the sweater-skirt combination! I must have missed you making the sweater, off to investigate now as it looks fantastic!

4. Leah says:

ah! that’s probably because it’s mid year assessment next week! the thought of sewing to a deadline like that makes me feel stressed just thinking about it!

the skirt looks LOADS better! I think it looks better with purple than pink too it kinda tones it down a bit. That jumper is gorgeous!

x

5. Jane says:

Nothing wrong with being fickle! Very pleased to see your skirt is now living a new life. Looks fab with the ‘Clarks desert boots of dreams’ too. x

6. Emer says:

Yes it does look great with the jumper. Must have a look at athat knitting pattern.

7. The skirt looks fab with the jumper – and much more you, I think. I have a dress in a very similar pink tartan and I love it – it’s just pink enough to be noticeable without being loud!

8. MrsC says:

Skirt looks great! It is a great skirt, it was just the combo that wasn’t right. Looks AMAZINg with that jersey, clever you! And what an incredibly creative environment.

9. Felicity from Down Under says:

Mad agreement from here, the sweater is just the right thing to go with the skirt. And what an inspiring environment.

10. Tamsin W-P says:

The skirt has been rescued! you look great in it and the jumper saves the day!

11. Marie says:

Yes! I’m so pleased you’ve made that lovely skirt work for you and I definitely think you may need to knit up another one of those cute sweaters asap!

12. Roobeedoo says:

Yay! That looks so darned cute!
    And I seriously need to show my daughter these photos of CMS to get her inspiration going again about CMS! If I can’t go there myself, she can go in my place! 😉

13. Roobeedoo says:

Oh – and the shoes? Have you blogged about those shoes? Are they Clarks originals? NICE!

14. Great pictures, it sets the feeling of the place well.
    And the skirt is much better with a sweater. It’s a fantastic outfit.

15. i keep thinking I need to do another make of that jumper too! looks ace with the skirt. I wonder how easy it would be to knit full sleeves

16. I love dart manipulation! It makes me feel like I am far better at patternmaking than I am!

The outfit looks great and appears to be very comfortable.

17. Kerry says:

Good outfit! Glad you have fallen back in love with your skirt.

(I also appreciated your Adrian Lewis reference – there should be more craft and darts crossovers 🙂 )

18. Michelle says:

Look, I love a tartan skirt. I have three of them and wear them all winter. And I think whatever you wear with it woud be fine (TRY STRIPES! HONESTLY!) but that violet sweater is fabtastic with that skirt! And also the boots. And the tights.

Loving your photos of design school – what an amazing environment!

19. ana5059 says:

The skirt looks so much better now!!!