Paddington Pledge – Lush

Another weekend, another train from Paddington. This time I am in Cardiff, Wales. God, what a gorgeous city. This morning I went out on a run past sights such as these:

There’s also been a spot of young Minoru jacket action going on.

And eyes kept peeled for sewing delights.

There’s been Knit Relief knitting.

And, oh yeah. I’ve TOTALLY fallen in love.

Meet Archie!

What are you doing this weekend? Any sewing or knitting?

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Paddington Pledge – Lush

1. Sarah says:

Oh, what a beautiful city! I hope you’ll post more pics 🙂 I am knitting this weekend. I started a poncho/caplet today 🙂

2. Felicity from Down Under says:

Between Archie and the glass of vino (I’m assuming it’s not apple juice, LOL), you look set for a great bit of relaxing. I’ve sewn a little top this week and crocheted a couple of cowls/snoods, so I’m feeling quite productive for a change

3. Anna says:

Nice photos, I love the dog, I used to have a schnauzer named Wally, now I have a 140 lb. mastiff named “Archie”. I don’t meet many dogs named Archie, so nice to know there is another one “across the pond”. Love your blog – thanks….

4. I love Cardiff. I spent a couple of years living in Llanelli, South Wales, and visited Cardiff as often I could afford it (which wasn’t often enough). My weekend has so far been spent buying more fabric that I don’t need but under the condition, imposed on myself, that absolutely none of it is allowed to be “too nice to cut”, even though some of it could easily be. I am going to cut all of it before the end of the month.

5. Stacy says:

I haven’t been reading the blogs much and am now trying to catch up on things. What lovely photos! I’m hoping to do a bit of both sewing and knitting this weekend–another Simplicity 2614 and a black cardigan.

6. Ceri says:

Well I would be out and about enjoying gorgeous Cardiff too (isn’t it a stunning day?) but unfortunately I’ve been up all night with a sickness bug. Dragging my aching carcas back to bed now. But the view from the window is cheering me up. New drama college building is impressive isn’t it?
    Ceri x

7. superheidi says:

Aaaaw, Archie looks adorable.

8. Anne W says:

Cute doggie! I’m making appliqued and embroidered cushion covers. Have fun in Cardiff.

9. Tracy says:

I grew up in Cardiff – and that photo of the bridge over the Weir in Sophia Gardens has brought back so many memories! I fell into the Weir just under that bridge while we were poking around looking at eels when I was about 10. I hid in a bush while my dress dried out hanging over the branches.

10. Tors says:

I live just outside of Cardiff and take the wolf across that bridge every time we go for a stroll around that park on our more civilised days out (as opposed to tramping around the village/hills where we live). I’m so glad you’ve highlighted Cardiff, it truly is one of the most beautiful cities I’ve ever lived in, I hope you had a fab time!