It’s me! Cathy-a-Cathy-a-come hoo-ome now. Ooh, ooh-ooh-ooh!

No, I did not make this North Face jacket!

I interrupt this Public Service Sewcast to go walking on the Yorkshire moors. I have not brought my sewing machine. I have brought my knitting needles. Unfortunately, someone poured cava into my glass as I knitted last night. I didn’t get much knitting done.

I’m in Haworth, Yorkshire – a looooong way away from London. Listen up, fellow urbaniters! If you were in any doubt, Spring has sprung:
For anyone who doesn’t know, this is Bronte country – land of Jane Eyre and Wuthering Heights. If you want to imagine where Cathy and Heathcliffe embraced, gaze at this:

I spent seven hours today tramping around these moors with two really good, old friends. It was AMAZING. The highlight was my friend disappearing up to her knees when she stepped into a bog.

Now, I’m in my pyjamas, about to do some knitting. Don’t anyone pour me a glass of cava. I can’t bear to rip back more rows….

Hope you’re all having good weekends! Doing anything exciting?

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to It’s me! Cathy-a-Cathy-a-come hoo-ome now. Ooh, ooh-ooh-ooh!

1. Elisalex says:

Beautiful! Nothing like a good weekend in the countryside breathing in some real air. Kew Gardens for me today, not quite the Yorkshire moors, but a wonderful day no less.

Enjoy your break from the city, and if I were you… maybe just a little glass of cava to loosen up those tired arms and get the stitches flowing…?

2. zoe says:

Ah, Wuzzering ‘eights. Juliette Binoche and Ralph Fiennes did make a marvellous C&H. And as for Cliff Richard …

Looks lovely. Enjoy the spring and the knitting. Oh, and the cava.

3. Gaylene says:

Bliss…And I just finished watching the Timothy Dalton / Zelah Clark ‘Jane Eyre’! Sounds like a wonderful jaunt, green with envy.

4. sewforward says:

What a wonderful trip! When we visited the moors we ended up in a local pub and talking with a few of the locals. Of course, being an American I couldn’t understand their accents and I am pretty sure they couldn;t understand my accent! But after a few pints we all got along fine! I had NEVER seen so many sheep before in my life as I had seen that trip. Thinking about it makes me want to plan another trip.

5. Bold Sewist says:

Glorious scenery – enjoy and stay out of the bogs!

6. Roobeedoo says:

Ah wonderful! One of my favourite places.

7. MrsC says:

Eh bar gum, looks champion, lass!

8. Felicity from Down Under says:

It’s certainly a beautiful part of the world. I was there with my Dad in 1986. It doesn’t appear to have changed much! I’m on the side of having a drop or two of liquid to warm up and loosen up. 🙂

9. Alessa says:

Ooooh, beautiful!
    Happy hiking and knitting!

10. rachel says:

It looks lovely! And that lamb is adorable. Have fun knitting!

11. cjgal says:

Looks so beautiful! I would pay good money to fly over from the states to see such a gorgeous view. Thanks for sharing your amazing photos!

12. Roisin says:

I don’t like Wuthering Heights but Jane Eyre is one of my Desert Island books. I’ve list count of the number of times I’ve read it. And I love you for the Kate Bush quote… Wuthering Heights is a contender for my favourite ever song. Luckily Nic loves it too or the many drunken singalongs and dancealongs I’ve done to it in our flat could become a problem! We’ve agreed if we ever marry it’ll be the first dance at our wedding, complete with Kate impressions. It sounds like you’re having a well deserved lovely time, lass!

13. You can always tell a Yorkshire lass. But you can’t tell her much!! You’ve taken wonderful photos of a gorgeous place and it’s just up the road from me too, which reminds me I must get up there myself. Did you check out the Howarth shops? There’s a great place on the main hill that sells some seriously lovely, if rather expensive, wool. Can’t remember it’s name but worth dropping in when you’re next up.

14. KristenMakes says:

Looks and sounds amazing! Although, I wonder if your friend would agree that the highlight was her being swallowed up by a bog… I really hope to visit Yorkshire someday!

15. Amy says:

Looks beautiful! You can almost feel the fresh air in your photos. I’m off to the Lake District in a couple of weeks – I will be following your example and taking a lot of wool with me! Happy knitting 🙂

16. Lisa says:

I love that song….it’s one I always think I can sing…but the reality is something quite different! A lovely part of the country, enjoy x

17. Colleen says:

Love that song–both the Kate Bush and the Pat Benatar versions. In my head, you sound like Kate Bush.

18. Colleen says:

Oh, and like some others here, I didn’t care for “Wuthering Height”–the book or the movie. I kept thinking, “Will you people just get a GRIP!”

OTOH, I love “Jane Eyre” and have read it many times. I don’t mind the various movie versions, but prefer the book.

19. Lucy says:

Oh man. I have been getting cravings for the Yorkshire Moors lately (second choice the Lake District) and this post has not helped. At all.

20. Lovely post! I’m sorry now for having forgotten to stop by your blog for a bit! As for weekend plans….beyond the familyrama – your post has me divided between explore local river blossoms (ahh choo) or continue to tackle my knitting projects. Decisions,eh? 🙂

21. quiltyknitwit says:

So beautiful! Thanks for sharing & reminding me of beautiful England.