OWOP Day 3, Where I Meet The New Girlfriend For My Non Existent Son

OWOP strikes again! Finding something to team with my third Sorbetto top made me drag this skirt out. I haven’t worn it in months, convinced that I didn’t like it any more. Didn’t like it?! This skirt is awesome, even if I say so myself.

The Sorbetto top was blogged about in October last year.

It’s a really nice printed silk from Goldhawk Road. It was going for a song – £3 a metre from Classic Textiles.

The skirt is… Well, I’m sure you recognise the pattern! The make was blogged about in April last year, here. The gold denim was bought from Mood in New York on a sewing trip with Elizabeth of  SEWN. Ah, memories! (Have you seen Elizabeth’s latest colour block dress? It’s amazing.)

Hasn’t today been just gorgeous, UK-sters? Mia and I thought so too:

Isn’t Mia just cute, cute, cute as a button? If I had a teenage son, I would be dragging her home to meet him. She’s a student at the London College of Fashion and didn’t mind at all being photographed with me. She was straight in for an ickle hug!

Aw, bless. Dontcha just love people?

16 Responses to OWOP Day 3, Where I Meet The New Girlfriend For My Non Existent Son

1. Elizabeth says:

Awww… Thanks Karen.

I can’t believe you thought you didn’t like your skirt anymore. It’s fabulous. And I love it paired with that blouse. Great combo.

2. Portia says:

You two are wearing the same tights. It’s kismet! You’ll just have to adopt a teenage son.
    Beautiful day today. BTW, off to Goldhawk Road on Weds! Yay!
    Px

3. MrsC says:

You’ll need to imaginary sons, surely, one for Mia and one for Teen Granny! 😉

4. LinB says:

You could always adopt. (Adopt Mia, if you can’t find a suitable male child!) Love that skirt! I think your brain was just subliminally telling you to wait for springtime to wear it … aren’t you glad you found room to stash it away?

5. Felicity from Down Under says:

Just the right degree of colour and cheer for a day made to match. I agree about its being fate that Mia was there and had the right colour tights and everything. What could be a better sign? It’s a little tricky to be precisely sure, my eyes not being what they once were and being colour blind and so on, but it seems to me that the colours in your Sorbetto are picked up in Mia’s dress, too, so you really were meant to meet and share all that joy with us.

6. Debi says:

Today was beautiful–even up north! Love this photo so much!

7. Joanne says:

What a fantastic outfit – you guys both look awesome. I love your metallic Beignet along with that Sorbetto – a fabulously bright outfit for a fabulously bright day!

8. Roobeedoo says:

I have a teenaged son you could borrow… but he’s already spoken for!
    How could you think you didn’t like your golden skirt anymore? Tsk!
    I’ve missed your daily outfit posts – they are the best!

9. Marie says:

Fantastic outfit Karen! I just love all the colours together, you look hot! And Mia is adorable!!!

10. I love this skirt–that’s terrific!

11. Gosh I love that skirt. It is many shades of awesome. I think that colour is one of those wardrobe staples. Goes with anything, if you’re game (and you are!)

12. Great outfit! I am loving gold and mustard colours these days and I agree with those above who say that it’s a spring colour. I’m doing OWOP with the Sorbetto too, but probably won’t get to post anything until a round up on Friday.

13. KristenMakes says:

Crikey you’re a milf! That is one hot skirt! I love that fabric, and it looks perfect with the whole ensemble: booties, tights, sorbetto!

14. Pippa says:

Very lovely top there. and yes the weather is soo lovely at the moment isnt it 😀

15. gingermakes says:

You two look adorbs! Twin fashionistas!