Owop Day 6 – Big Kids

There are hardly words to describe how much I’ve wanted to be photographed on this awesome playground ride. Finally, I’ve done it!

My primary challenges in using this location were the local kids. If I encroached on their territory, how would they take their revenge? Catcalls? Torture? A Chinese burn? In the end, my predicament was resolved by hitting the park nice and early, when any self-respecting kid would still be under the duvet.

Several people passed as these photos were taken, but only one woman commented: ‘You’re at work early, intcha?’ Work?! What does she think I do for a living? Grand Tester of Playground Rides For The General Council of Joyfulness? (Hey! That’s not a bad idea…)

I’m wearing my red spotty Sorbetto, blogged about here last September.

The skirt is shop bought, but I love it so much I’m sorely tempted to trace and duplicate it. It really is just two oblongs with small hip pleats – oh, and a line of buttons running down one side. The striped leggings are from Uniqlo and I strongly recommend them. Affordable, nice soft cotton, comfortable, and non-bagging. What more can you ask for?

I have to go now… Um, the local kids have spotted me and they’re, they’re running, I think. One of them’s shaking a fist. Mummy, help! The big kids are picking on me!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Owop Day 6 – Big Kids

1. Felicity from Down Under says:

Have to say, I love the tights. But the whole outfit is, as usual, very cheery. You have the knack of putting together outfits that can go anywhere and do anything (I mean, playgrounds in the early hours of the day then off to the rest of the grown-up day). Wonderful.

2. Roobeedoo says:

New toys in the park?! What IS that thing? A hamster wheel?
    You look great… and isn’t that the skirt I accused you of making at the Crafter’s Ceilidh?
    How about the skirt from Vogue 1247 – isn’t it kind of similar?
    Oh – and almost forgot the Sorbetto! Great Sorbetto! 😉

3. So CUTE!

As a hexagon quilter, all I could think of was quilts when I saw your photo. Not playground equipment. I was all “What’s Karen doing in that hexagon … fabric … paper piecing … gah!”

4. mujerboricua says:

How fun is that last photo? I love it. You had a good plan of action, going early. I’d be scared of confronting kids on their turf.

5. Funnygrrl says:

Super fun photo! Public photos are so difficult. I always feel that people are watching. Going out early is a good idea.
    Love the top and the leggings together. Perfect playground outfit!

6. Joanne says:

You are an utter lunatic. I love it. Fabulous Sorbetto of course, goes with saying…

7. Lovely pics (and outfit). I’m sure if you sent it to Cbeebies, they’d offer you a presenter job!

The Sorbetto has so far proved very versatile. Must be a must-have.

I still go on the swings all the time (I pretend I’m doing it for the kids). It’s pure serotonin, well recommended.

8. Marie says:

Best OWOP photoshoot ever!

9. LinB says:

Oh, I want one of those giant wheels! So much more fun than schlumpfing on the boring old walker in the dark front room. And your striped tights are awesome — wasn’t sure if it was just ombre on my screen, so glad to know for certain. Playground slides are my favorite, if I can find one wide enough to accommodate my adult figure. Agree that little children en masse are terrifying, so don’t blame you one bit for avoidance techniques. Those things scratch and bite.

10. A playground is the perfect spot to take pictures of such a cheerful Sorbetto.

11. Alessa says:

Stripes and dots, yay! That looks like a fun ride, why do the playgrounds around here not have anything like that?!?

12. ericapenton says:

Oh, my favourite Sorbetto so far! That location is brilliant! It kind of reminds me of those 60’s Vogue covers where the model is floating down the river is a giant bubble.

13. KristenMakes says:

Love this outfit! I personally think you’d make a great Grand Tester of Playground Rides For The General Council of Joyfulness.

14. Steph A says:

Hi! I recently found your blog and think it’s great. I hope you don’t mind if I link to it.
    I love your outfit, the Sorbetto is lovely and that’s a great skirt. Sounds like it’ll be a fun project to copy. Fun leggings too!