The BBC Wants You!

Well, this is all very exciting, I must say. I’ve been contacted by the production company who make The Great British Bake Off. They’re planning a new series – around sewing!

This is what their press release says:

Are you serious about sewing?

Is your home full of your own creations?

Do people admire your handmade clothes?

We’re looking for men and women who love sewing to take part in a brand new TV series.

From skirts to shirts, blinds to bags; if you’re at home behind a sewing machine and a dab hand with a needle and thread, we’d love to hear from you.

To find out more contact us now:

020 7067 4822 / sewing@loveproductions.co.uk

For an application form go here.

There are a couple of stipulations.

• You must be a UK resident.
  • You must be available for filming in July.

I can think of so many people who would be great at this. Good luck if you enter. May the God of Sewing be with you!

This entry was posted in sewing, sewing and knitting, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

37 Responses to The BBC Wants You!

1. ooobop! says:

In a fit of madness, I have already applied for this. I know not what I do!!!! x

2. tailorfairy says:

sadly I am not living in the UK, but I wish everyone that applies all the best, I hope there will be a way to watch it online. πŸ˜‰

3. Kat H says:

Oooh, how fabulous! Looking forward to hearing about who gets in. πŸ™‚ (You’ll have to keep us non-UK residents up to date with it all!)

4. Debi says:

I’ve also applied! Eep…don’t know if they’ll want an American even is she is resident in the UK on the show πŸ™‚

5. Laura says:

This sounds fun. TV appearances aren’t for me but I’ll be watching every episode!

6. Lucy says:

Oh man! Nowhere near the productivity levels/ confidence to apply. SO considering buying a TV and a licence so I can watch live!

7. Rachel says:

I was so going to enter this, but the rules say that you must be 18 on or before the 1st June 2012, and I am 18 on the 15th June!!!! But I really hope that lots of people from blogland enter!

8. KristenMakes says:

Oooh, how exciting! I think I’ll sit this one out, maybe wait for a knitting-related show, but that wouldn’t be as interesting! I look forward to seeing all my bloggy friends on it though!

9. Roobeedoo says:

Karen – you are applying aren’t you? You would be briliiant!

10. Miriana says:

God, the two adult men in my house are going to be annoyed at being forced to watch this. It’ll serve them right for all the golf and snooker (which I secretly like!)

11. shivani says:

how exciting! Karen – you must enter! The crochetliser videos are proof that you’re a natural in front of the camera. You’d be brilliant!!!

12. Joanne says:

This is hilarious! You have to go for this – you’d be ace! I have no intentions of doing it – I’ll just sit on the sofa shouting encouragement at the tellybox πŸ™‚ I love the Great British Bake Off – do you think it would follow the same format? Like maybe Jeff Banks and Dame Vivienne Westwood team up as judges – ooh Mel and Sue would have to be on it too. Maybe you’d be given a selection of fabrics and trims and told to upholster a train seat or something. Exciting!

13. Marie says:

I’d love to have the confidence to apply for this, but I would buckle under all the competative pressure. I can’t wait to watch it though and I really hope to see some familiar faces on there!

Karen, are you going for it? I hope so!

14. jenny says:

I just saw the information about this in the ‘We Sew Retro’ blog and came on here to tell you about it – so that you could apply yourself and pass the information on. Glad to see the BBC have done their homework and are contacting the right people. I do hope you apply I am sure you would enjoy it.

15. melissa says:

Applied before I could stop to think and talk myself out of it.

16. Miss Celie says:

I love it. I’m not familiar with the original concept. But, if it’s about people who sew at home and get challenges, etc but isn’t necessarily, ‘designer’ I can think of loads of people. Good luck to everyone who applies!

17. rehanon says:

Ye ha! What a fabulicious idea. I’d love the Bake Off so much and this is going to be even more epic πŸ™‚ Karen you should so go for it. Super good luck to all those entering. Sewing rules *does high kick in appreciation*

18. Anne W says:

Well, I was seriously tempted, but upon reading the terms I cannot enter. I did a City & Guilds Fashion Diploma only 6 years ago, and all qualifications need to be at least 10 years old… BOO!

19. Awww I would love to have gone for this but I am going to be at sea for the whole month of July. Boo πŸ™

20. LinB says:

Don’t know about the god of sewing, but the Google machine reveals that St. Helene is the patron saint of sewing. Has Scruffy Badger entered her name in this audition? ‘Cause she is quite photogenic (and apparently not at all camera shy, lol.) Plus she has alternate wig personalities, which would make an episode most interesting to watch.

21. sewforward says:

Best of luck to all who enter. I sort of feel sorry for whomever must choose the participants since there are SO many talented sewists – How can one decide?! Karen, I hope you make it! And, I hope we here in the States can get the program on the internet. What fun!

22. Yes, good luck to those who enter. If they’re filming in July, I wonder when it’ll be screened.

I sew (oh dear) want to enter, but equally paralysed by an extreme fear of being on telly.

23. Clio says:

omg! I can’t wait to see which of my favorite sewing bloggers make the cut! how exciting!

24. MrsC says:

Do do it, Karen! You’d be amazing πŸ™‚ And we got the Bake OFf here so hopefully we’ll get this one out here too. Yay!!

25. lavenderlane says:

I really hope you apply Karen, you would so get on. How exciting. I’m so glad sewing will soon be on our TV screens.

26. symondezyn says:

Congratulations! That’s pretty cool that they contacted you! I’ll be rooting for all you talented UK ladies from afar ^__^

27. fatty bumble says:

I saw this and immediately thought of you! I really hope you do it!

28. 1107nikki says:

Hope you fill me in on this. Don’t get BBC anymore πŸ™ I’ll be interested to see who the “celebrities” are and what sort of things they make you sew. Do you think it’ll include soft furnishings? Good luck to all those applying!