Hollywood Does PJs

You know, the more I think about it, the more I realise how pyjamas are just everywhere you look! Even in the films…

A woman after my own heart.

From childhood…

Oh, how I ached to be a Vontrapp!

To the most sophisticated of adults…

Even Coco wore jim jams.

Any other cinematic moments you can think of?

In other news, I have set up a ‘Pyjama Party’ board on Pinterest for any of you who are members and looking for inspiration.

FINALLY, I get Pinterest. I’d joined up, yes. The pretty pictures were mildly entertaining, yes. I’d saved the odd shot for future reference, yes. But I wasn’t in the wriggling ecstasy of delight that this website seemed to send so many into. Then I realised it was the perfect resource for gathering inspirational pyjama images and quotes. Ah, now I understand. Go check it out!

21 Responses to Hollywood Does PJs

1. What about Arthur Dent in The Hitch-hiker’s Guide to the Galaxy? PJs and dressing gown throughout!!

2. prttynpnk says:

How about the cabin scene from ‘It happened one night’ …..

3. Elle C says:

I like to think of Pinterest as being a visual bookmark system. So now instead of having 400 pages bookmarked and not being able to find what I want, I have Pinterest. As a visual sort of person (like all/most of us who sew), it is easier to find what you are looking for when there are pretty pictures. You can also create collaborative boards where more than one person can pin to a board. For instance I created a Minoru board to help organize my thoughts on how I am going to make mine (eventually), I then added Tasia as a contributor, so it shows up on her boards as well, Yes, your Minoru is pinned. 😎

4. eumoronorio says:

In telenovellas the actresses run around in beautiful nightgowns and matching robes, usually in lace and satin. Very starlet and very inspiring. I don’t know if you can watch Avenida Brasil where you are, but the main bad girl regularly wears a slip-style nightgown in white satin with sexy lace cutouts that clearly says I’m a good girl, oh wait, not really!

5. eumoronorio says:

oh here’s a photo robe: http://www.rd1audiencia.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/destaq1.jpg I can’t seem to find a good photo of the nightgown. All she needs now is the white Persian cat.

6. Susan says:

I’ve been looking for a nightdress pattern and if you want racy styles, try the Lekala site! Most of them would only need about half a metre of wispy fabric with a scrap of lace.

7. Amy says:

I love those pajamas from the Coco film poster. The silk I was going to make my pajama bottoms in is a similar color, but I’d love to step things up with a matching top with black edging. Thanks for the inspiration!

8. symondezyn says:

I can’t find it or remember where, but I swear I remember seeing a movie with Demi Moore where she was wearing pj’s LOL

9. Nicky P says:

Swallows and Amazons! I can’t find a pic, but there’s a scene where they are in tents in lovely old fashioned PJs. Ah, I dreamed of being an Amazon…….;-)

10. nothy lane says:

Great post. I love Bridgit Jones.
    There was a sleepover scene in Grease that was cool. Also, Annette Funicello wears cool pajamas in “Pajama Party” (1964).

11. Quite a few scenes for “Some Like It Hot” (1959) take place at night, both on the train going from Chicago to Florida and then again in Florida. Tony Curtis and Jack Lemon in drag and Marilyn Monroe in some drool worthy clothing. This is Jack Lemmon and the girls in the band having a party in his upper booth on the train. http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1381139456/tt0053291

12. Pingback: There’s a Party on my Sewing Table « Sew Well

13. Leah says:

Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany’s always springs to mind although if i remember correctly i dont think she’s wearing any actual PJ’s just a bed sheet and that lovely sleep mask and tasseled earplugs.

14. Maddie says:

Oooh, the pajama set on the cover of the Chanel movie it to die for!