Video Run Down of the V4934 Bodice

I thought it would be useful to talk you through the making of my bodice on the V4934. Me? Scared of plunging on, and looking for new diversion tactics? I don’t know what you mean!

Look out for the scudding clouds that make the light dim and brighten.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Video Run Down of the V4934 Bodice

1. Elizabeth says:

Don’t think I didn’t notice the bottles of some type of alcoholic beverage up on top of your bookcase in your sewing room. 😉 Your bodice looks love so far. Your silk organza seems to have much finer drape than mine. I guess there are all different levels of silk organza now aren’t there. I found using mine that it was too stiff and I disliked using it for underlining. WIll have to search out drapier silk organza. Can’t wait to see your dress. That wool looks divine.

2. zen says:

thanks for sharing. opened my eyes to new ideas, possibly much finer ideas than i would have come up with on my own. the bodice is very lovely work. its inspiring.

3. Marie says:

Thanks for sharing this Karen, it really demonstrates what a difference it can make if you slow down and take the time to do things ‘properly’. I love that by underlining you have something to baste your facings etc to, leaving the outside smooth and professional. Your dress is going to be such a quality garment when it’s done – I truky cannot wait to see it!

4. Karen, this is great. I have recently followed the same process for a dress I made. If at some point you feel like it’s taking forever and you are tempted to give up (like me!) just keep on telling yourself the dress will be beautiful. If you want to see mine…here it is http://bombardone.com/sewingprincess/2012/05/the-big-reveal-vogue-8648-couture-dress/ (not perfect but still happy with it) Can’t wait to see yours!

5. CherryPix says:

A picture says a thousand words….but videos with voice are even better! Thanks so much for the virtual show and tell about what you learned re couture techniques! PS Your new cardi works brilliantly with your skirt! Very pretty.

6. Bold Sewist says:

I love you saying it looks ‘a mess’ inside! No it doesn’t! It looks fabulously neat – I’m so looking forward to the final dress 🙂

7. Funnygrrl says:

I love your accent. I know, you don’t have one. 🙂 Very pleasant voice compared to our Canadian nasally accent. IMHO
    This is inspirational to me as a beginning sewist. I’m just glad that things come together for me. Now I plan to work harder at the details.
    Thank you! More vids to come, I hope!

8. Angela says:

Very nice video. Thank you so much for sharing your tips and techniques. I look forward to watching the progress of what I’m sure while be a beautiful garment.

9. thanks for the glimpse into the complexities of couture sewing. so much hand-sewing and precision! i am so not worthy.