True Confessions – I Secretly Still Like Getting Photographed With Strangers

This was me today.

Long-term readers may recall that back in June of last year, I took Me Made June to a whole other level by getting photographed with a different stranger on each day in June, whilst wearing a me-made item. Eternal thanks to So Zo for the inspiration. (If you type ‘MMJ’ into my search box, all the posts will come up.)

The first time I had to approach a stranger, my stomach squirmed with nerves. I didn’t know whether they’d swear at me, punch me or laugh in my face. I quickly discovered that, in fact, most people were delighted to feature on my sewing blog. From that moment on, there was no holding me back.

I was snapped with a lollipop man…

With world-famous racing drivers

Cool art gallery owners even deigned to stand next to me. I’ll always have fond memories of my evening with Gorgeous George

Sadly, June 2011 came to an end, and I no longer had a reason to get photographed with strangers. Except… The genie was out of the bottle, the ship had sailed and Pandora’s Box wasn’t going to be shut any time soon. I had a new addiction! Even now, whenever I spot an interesting stranger, my hand twitches for a camera. Can I bear to ask another person to be photographed with me? Course, I can!

So when a woman is dressed up as a … what IS she dressed up as? I can’t resist asking. I had to pay for that photograph, peeps – £1 in her collection bucket.

Hmmm. How many of my readers will relate to this True Confession? I’m not entirely sure…

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to True Confessions – I Secretly Still Like Getting Photographed With Strangers

1. symondezyn says:

Hahaha!! Well you’re do damn cute, it would be a shame if you DIDN’T feel that way – keep on getting those awesome pics! ^_^

2. KT says:

She appears to be dressed as pikachu.

3. Pikachu is a very sweet yellow coloured electric-type Pokemon. ‘Parently Pikachu is Japanese for electric mouse. Once rendered in appliqué both Pikachu and Jiggly Puff (don’t ask…). Px

4. Marie says:

Karen, I so love that your hand twitches for a camera when you see an interesting-looking stranger! It made me giggle so much, but I totally see the attraction! Maybe you can make it a regular feature on your blog – like Stranger Saturday/Sunday ;o)

5. LOL this made me smile! I agree that you should embrace this twitch and work it into regular blogging. Gotta be done :o)

6. Brenda says:

Isn’t it like smiling and saying “Hello” as you walk down the street? I like it! Makes the world more humane! Go for it!

7. StephC says:

How cool! I want to try this. 🙂 Thanks for the inspiration, your photos are so interesting, and show a little piece of your environment…

8. MrsC says:

Truly adorable. You just keep getting those photos done, they are a delight for us all! xo

9. Tilly says:

A hippo??

10. sewbusylizzy says:

I love this idea, it’s quirky and individual. My town is a bit small so I’ll stick to scenic Sydney for my random photo weirdness 🙂

11. Haaa. I knew it, I just knew it. You can have this confession all to yourself though. It was a super idea but I hate getting my photo done. I loved sewbusylizzy Sydney photos because its a place I know so well.

12. Phil says: