Collars, Canines, Cloth

P1040243

Good news! For any of you about to start Grainline’s Archer shirt, the latest issue of Threads magazine (issue 166) has an article on better collars. You’d almost think the sewing gods are trying to prod me towards Sewlution action… (Stone Fabrics has also sent me a selection of suitable swatches. Swoon. Thank you!)

There have been other sewing developments at Didyoumakethat Towers…

P1040242

Oh, Ella…

Something like this was bound to happen, sooner or later. Frankly, I’m amazed it’s taken this long. All entirely my own fault. If I will insist on leaving the overlocker on the floor whilst chatting to a friend…

And, finally, there’s been this! Hope you’re all having good weekends, peeps.

P1040241

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to Collars, Canines, Cloth

1. piakdy says:

Ella & thread spool is so funny. I was just watching on Youtube some cats shredding toilet roll in similar fashion. Pets!

And OMG that fabric! LUV! Where is it from? What have you planned for it?

2. Rachel says:

Beautiful fabric – summer by the metre (so quite apt for the UK!)

3. Oh I so love that fabric! And yes, you have gotten off very lightly given the breed is at the chewy end of doggiedom! It does look very pretty though all tousled up like that. More overlocking thread cobbs should look like that 😉

4. That spool looks like one of those dolly styling heads my little girl loves…stick a sparkly clip in it and it’ll be perfect! Lurve the fabric!

5. lisa g says:

ooohhh… may have to pick up that issue of threads! david coffin’s “shirtmaking” is another great resource, by the way. and *swoon* can’t wait to see what you do with that fabric!

6. Becky says:

If this is the first time this has happened, you have either been a very observant doggie mom, or Ella is too good to be true. Thankfully, it was not your favorite shoe! Oh, that fabric! Must tell what that is – it’s gorgeous!

7. Shar says:

I bet Ella figured that since her person has so much fun with thread that she should give it a try. That fabric is lovely!

8. I have experience of pet ‘adjusted’ sewing projects in the past- sadly I no longer have any animals. The overlocker cop looks pretty terminal!
    I agree that the fabric you show looks lovely – but were you also showing some ‘Ella involvement’ there? And if so can it be salvaged?

9. Linda T says:

I have several thread spools that look like that!

10. CGCouture says:

Ah the joy of puppies. 😉 That fabric is gorgeous, can’t wait to see what you do with it!

11. Jennifer C says:

Lol….my dog Sascha did the same thing with 2 spools of quilting thread. Had to throw them out since the tangled mess was to big to fix 🙂

12. Jen (NY) says:

Take care with the thread and stringy things–it can be quite dangerous to dogs and cats. I have heard of animals requiring emergency surgery because it can become entwined around their intestines if swallowed. Sorry for the downer, but I thought pet owners should know about the hazard if they don’t already.

13. Love that fabric! I just picked up that Threads issue yesterday, and it patiently waiting for me to sit down and read it through. Thanks for the heads up on the article. I am just as in love with the Archer pattern as everyone else seems to be.

14. Danielle says:

Pretty fabric! I look forward to seeing what you do with it 🙂

15. Chris Lucas says:

Is that a flaw in the fabric as much as I like the print it looks to me like the screen printing hasn’t quite taken right?

16. Roobeedoo says:

I hope the overlocker wasn’t plugged in…?!
    My dog has a habit of lying on my presser-foot and “sewing” unattended so I have to unplug when I leave the room. I suppose it’s the warmest place to rest your head!
    LOVE that fabric! And a knit too?

17. gingermakes says:

Ahhhhhhhh! Ella! My little Peggy loves to chew up spools of thread, so I have to remember not to leave them on the end table when I’ve finished up hand sewing. 🙂