Tantalising

P1040279

How long does it take to knit a sleeve on the Miette cardigan? As long as a flight from London to New York. Below is my grinning face, moments after arriving:

P1040282

UK readers, please note the total and utter lack of a gloves, hat or winter coat. Note, also the strange glow otherwise known as ‘sunshine’.

After a quick jaunt around the streets, it was back to the hotel for a freshen up. Then straight back out to meet…

No. Let’s save that for another blog post.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to Tantalising

1. Karen says:

Who? Who are you meeting?

2. Celia says:

Exciting! It almost looks like summer 🙂

3. lauriesannie says:

Where’s all the bad weather they’ve been telling us about on the news? I’d say I envied you but I will be there next week. Have a wonderful time!

4. Karen says:

Welcome to the STATES! Enjoy the balmy weather while we have it here on the East Coast – it’s supposed to get cold by the end of the week…. you might need that sweater!

5. nessahux says:

Oooo you lucky girl! New York is such an exciting city to visit! Everything is new yet so familiar at the same time! And what a cheshire cat grin you have there!

6. Michelle says:

Get out! You are????

7. Shar says:

I’m a little over an hour from NYC and it’s been a gorgeous weekend – perfect for your trip! I hope you have a great time. I love the color of your Miette sweater.

8. gmariesews says:

Well I hope you’ve got to meet all the really cool NY Kids! Enjoy your visit. g

9. Marie says:

Eeeeep, so excited for you and so, so jealous! Have a wonderful time Karen and do please keep us updated ;o) xx

10. Merje says:

How on earth did you get knitting needles onto the plane?

• EJ says:

Yes, do tell. I’ve heard that loop or DPNs get through easier than SPNs? Did you mention before your suitcase was checked in so that you wouldn’t risk them being confiscated or just took the risk through security?

11. Pat says:

Welcome to the United States! I am about an hour and a half from NYC. See the sights and enjoy the nice weather.

12. Sewer from across the Pond says:

Gorgeous color. Welcome to New York. 🙂

13. You are a tease! Gorgeous flowers. Enjoy your visit!

14. Becky says:

Have a wonderful time and a safe trip! Welcome to the States!

15. senjiva says:

What a perfect time for a visit! Gosh, I wish I could predict the weather perfectly and go to NY this week too. Oh well, Cleveland will have to do. Have a wonderful time!

16. Amy says:

Oh! Have fun! It seems this weekend is the weekend to go to NYC if you write a fabulous sewing blog. Hope you’re enjoying your meet up!

17. so jealous that you are there without me. Why did I move?!??!?!?

18. I’m still working up the courage to move from scarves to sweaters! The Miette looks like a good one to begin with though..
    Lauren x

19. punkmik says:

i saw who you met up with!!! so awesome! i love this community! everyone is so friendly and great! enjoy new york!!! such an awesome city!

20. sewbusylizzy says:

New York! I’m jealous!

21. Wwwhhhhooooo?????? Please tell me it was Lauren!! xx

22. I am so jealous. New York City and sunshine. Hope your ‘meet’ was wonderful – and that you come back to the UK with lots of sewing goodies.

23. Welcome to the states! I hope the weather continues to cooperate during your visit.

24. big smile on you there – I guess sunshine will do that to a person 🙂 Can I tell you that tomorrow we are supposed to have a summer-ish day here (26 C) woo hoo! you know I am weather obsessed.