I Can Only Just Winkle Out A Sewing Link!

BowieLondon is aflame with all things Bowie right now. His new album is out and this week the V&A exhibition on him was launched. There’s a great blog review here.

I want to visit with every fibre of my being. I’ve booked an 18.30 slot on the evening of Friday 19 July. Friday nights are great at the V&A. It has a much more relaxed vibe (no marauding school groups, fingers crossed) and a bar with cocktails. If you fancy joining me, why don’t you book this slot, too? The link is here. You’ll have to be quick, tickets are going fast. Leave a comment if you sign up and we can arrange to meet!

We’ll get to see some great costumes. I really want to see the Diamond Dogs suit up close. Who says David Bowie has no place in a sewing and knitting blog?!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

30 Responses to I Can Only Just Winkle Out A Sewing Link!

1. Adrienne says:

Oh, I wish I lived in London! I’ll be with you in spirit.

2. Booked it Danno! See you on 19th July. Thanks for galvanising me into action, I’d have just sat there until the tickets all sold out otherwise!

3. Jo says:

Jealous, very jealous! Coincidentally, husband came home with the new album today – I’m looking forward to a listen but yeah, what I really want is to inspect those costumes!

4. Funnygrrl says:

I AM SO HAPPY THAT YOU POSTED THIS!!
    (sorry for the all caps but you have to understand how grateful I am)
    I am visiting London in early May. This exhibit was going to be one of my highlights. I didn’t know that I needed to buy tickets. D’uh. Now I have tickets in my hot little hand for May 7th! They are selling out quickly!
    You provide a great public service including the opportunity to show proper veneration to one of the greatest artists living today. 🙂

5. Jo says:

Here’s hoping that someone thinks to tour the exhibition to those of us out of London!!! Enjoy!

6. Andrea says:

Thanks so much for posting about this. My husband and I will be in London for a few days at the end of July and I’m dragging him to this (and to Liberty) whether he likes it or not. Off I go to purchase my tickets…

7. I think it can definitely be in a sewing and knitting blog!
    You could even wear an inspired outfit that night…? Or at least put on some red shoes and dance the blues? 😉

8. aisling says:

Oh, that’s sounds like fun – both the exhibition and a chance to meet some bloggers. Booked my ticket for the 19th July.

9. Fiona says:

My wonderful Mum gave me membership to the V&A for Christmas which means I can go along to the exhibitions without needing to book! Hooray! I would very much like to join you, I’m putting the date in my diary now!

10. oonaballoona says:

i’m sitting on the couch happily bouncing in time to “modern love” reading your post, and bouncing stopped completely when i got to “bar with cocktails.”

i want to go.

maybe i can get there in the lost upper three inches of your pockets?

11. pat says:

I saw him in concert many years ago. It was one of the best concerts I went to. Think of all your followers who can’t make it to London but will be waiting for all the details you can give us after the event. I’m positive you’ll have a great time.

12. Oh, have a Great Time! I’ll be thinking of you. The V&A is one of my favourite places to visit in London.

13. debs2748 says:

Have tried booking but says 5 tickets left but when I ask for 2 it says none available. So can’t join you sadly. 🙁

14. Roobeedoo says:

I am using Bowie mania as my excuse for sewing inexcusable 1970’s patterns 😀
    I would love to see that exhibition – I will send my daughter along as my special envoy 😉

15. yesilikethat says:

I’d love to come! I have membership too so can rock up any time in theory (waiting to see if they restrict it as the exhibition has been so popular…). x

16. Colleen says:

I wish I could. I’ve been a Bowie fan for years, and all I can say is, “it’s about time!”

17. gingermakes says:

ACK!!! I want to go so badly!!! I should’ve stowed away in your luggage!

18. huggiebaby says:

WINKLE!!!!! I forgot about that word, a great word. One I need to use more.

19. How exciting! Enjoy yourself!

20. Pingback: David Bowie T Shirt Refashion | flossie jamieson

21. Pingback: March Badness | Falling Through Your Clothes

22. Of course Bowie has a place on a sewing and knitting blog (coughs “you should check out all the Bowie inspired outfits appearing as part of the Bowie Sew Along on fanbloomingtastic.com” 😉 😉 we’re having a ball sewing things inspired by stuff at the V&A and beyond). Sorry for the promotion, but I’m so proud of what the sewists involved have been creating. I hope you’ll forgive me.