Bloggers Abound

Didyoumakethat in Sew Mag

Squint and you’ll make out my lace hem tutorial at the bottom of this lace-themed page in the April issue of Sew Magazine, out now. A few readers alerted me to this on Twitter – thanks, guys.

Though all of this pales into insignificance, compared to Tilly and the Button’s news. She’s a contestant on The Great British Sewing Bee, people!!! I honestly don’t know how I’m going to watch the first episode when I have a damp cloth over my brow, lying down in a darkened room, smelling salts to the ready. Excited, moi? You might hear the screams in Australia, when the series starts on Tuesday. That’s Tuesday 2 April. 8pm. Don’t forget, UKsters!

This entry was posted in sewing, sewing and knitting, Uncategorized and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to Bloggers Abound

1. sew2pro says:

I thought it was Tilly! I’ve been trying to replay the trailer on IPlayer to make sure, but they don’t have it! Well done her for getting on the show: my daughter will be glued to the telly in adoration.

I wonder if we’ll recognize any others!

2. Ros says:

I applied for this but didn’t make it. Now that I know Claudia Winkleman is presenting it, I will definitely try again. I am assuming it will be a huge hit and have multiple series, of course.

3. Congrats on the tutorial! I’ve never bought Sew magazine, I’ll have to look out for it…
    I’m really excited about the Sewing Bee – I wonder if it will be as popular as the Bake Off?!

4. ClaireE says:

I’ve already cancelled all my plans for Tuesdays while Sewing Bee is on. I cannot wait!

5. sallie says:

Oh congrats on the magazine shout out! And I’m really excited for Tilly! I hope us state-side sewists can watch…?

6. LLADYBIRD says:

Oooh, congratulations on your little blurb! So fancy, I’m so thrilled to say I knew you ‘way back when… 😉

7. Leah says:

Oooh, I wondered whether anyone “famous” would make it on. I’m really looking forward to it. And congratulations on your mini-tut publication!

8. Elizabeth says:

OMG, that’s so cool. Congrats!!!

9. gingermakes says:

Look at you! Congrats, girl! What a great shout-out! I’m seriously having a fit about Tilly– can’t wait to figure out how to watch it in the States!!!

10. Congrats, that is fantastic to see your mug in the magazine! Wonderful!!

11. Tamsin W-P says:

There was envy all round at my pattern cutting class when I said I’ve met her about Tilly! Most of the other ladies are considerably older than me and were more interested in the man from Saville Row…. Well done on your Tutorial too!

12. congratulations! fab photo of you in that lovely summery dress!

13. lisa g says:

yay for the magazine shout out! anyone know if us US folks will be able to see the show? so curious!

14. Karen says:

Such a funny post! I know how you feel – last night I was flicking through the tv guide as I was convinced that the first programme was this evening. When I realised I’d have to wait until next week I actually sulked. And I’m 47. It feels a bit like waiting for Christmas Day when you’re 6… 🙂

15. Philippa says:

what a pretty picture of you they used in the magazine! Also, I am super excited that sewing is on the telly at all. My husband alerted me last week by email (he’s away, we do talk face to face as well sometimes!) so I am counting down the days. . .

16. Diane says:

US folks, I would guess that you will be able to watch it via BBC iplayer at http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/tv
    You might have to wait a bit for it to come up there but that’s where I’d start.
    I’ve already told my husband that we’re watching it, at the allotted time, end of the discussion!

17. Sheree says:

Really looking forward to the programme. I loved bake-off and I never make cakes, so this has to be even better! Only one downer for me and that is that Claudia is the presenter.

18. Congratulations on your magazine spot! And that’s you in the picture!! How Exciting about that TV show. Hoping we’ll get to see it in Australia. (Must remember to put my ear plugs in on 2 April!!)

19. Isn’t it exciting!!!! I SO wish we could see it over here. GO TIlly! 🙂

20. JoeyRo says:

Congrats to you….Its an exciting time for my two of my favourite sewing bloggers; you are taking the sewing printed world by storm as Tilly seeks world sewing domination on the TV :o) I am so excited about the show – my husband says he hasn’t seen me this excited about a new TV show in forever!!

21. Janet says:

Really looking forward to this!

22. You are funny. I’m sure we will see it here in Australia, eventually. It won’t come quick enough though.

23. So much exciting news for British bloggers! Congratulations on your recognition!