- This designer is a contributing editor to Threads magazine.
- He has a Jean-ius course on Craftsy with over 5000 students.
- Several sewing books have been authored by Kenneth, including Cool Couture and Designer Techniques.
- He is the source of one of the most grounding sewing quotes I know: Expect to destroy several acres of fabric before you get good. Perfectionism is a disease.
- When Kenneth’s not sewing, teaching or being stalked in the street by London bloggers, he still finds time to write a novel.
- Most importantly, he learned how to sew by making costumes for Barbie dolls!
There’s one last thing you need to know about Kenneth D King. He’s the kind of man who listens to blog readers and then provides the answers. Specifically, he noticed the number of people who felt frustrated about the challenges of fit on my Absolute Beginners post. And now he’s providing a giveaway at Didyoumakethat Towers!
Kenneth has a DVD three-part set of lessons all about Smart Fitting. This baby doesn’t come cheap – unless you win. Then it comes free. You have until midnight GMT Friday 31 May to leave a comment below that will automatically give you a chance of winning Kenneth’s DVD lessons. I think it’s really important that we all make a big effort to acknowledge Kenneth’s generosity and kindness, and give him something back. So…
Leave a comment below saying what your dream lesson would be from a true expert of sewing. In your fantasy world, what would you love to see him teach you?
Good luck, my friends. This offer is open worldwide. Three cheers to Kenneth D King!
There’s an inspiring podcast about fit with Kenneth here.