Knit Nation – Free Knitting Classes to Celebrate Wool Week

Knit Nation

Did you know that it’s Wool Week next week here in the UK? Well, it is! To help us celebrate, there’s a week of free classes at John Lewis, Oxford Street, London AND John Lewis, Edinburgh.

There are some great tutors including Erika Knight and Rowan Yarns. I am seriously tempted by the Saturday class in knitting a plaid detachable collar. Yum, yum!

To see the whole range of London classes, starting 14 October, take a look below. Anything there that tickles your fancy? As well as the classes, teachers will be available all day for drop-in sessions and all skill levels are welcome. Beginners, take note!

More details here.

Knit Nation Schedule.jpg

This entry was posted in knitting and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Knit Nation – Free Knitting Classes to Celebrate Wool Week

1. The Knitting Neurotic says:

This is reason #168 why I wish I lived in the UK!

2. blueadt says:

I live in the UK but both London & Edinburgh are hundreds of miles away and my nearest John Lewis store in an hour away 🙁

3. What a great idea! I wish we had wool week.
    I use every excuse I can think of to knit and a whole week of just knitting would be a bliss…

4. KnitNell says:

The Garden Mouse sounds intriguing. So pleased that John Lewis is campaigning again for knitting and wool.

5. I’d be there with bells on if there was one in the north west… ah well, those of you who can make it – have fun!

6. I wish we had Wool Week…guess I’ll just have to knit for the week anyway.

7. I love that there seems to be a movement in the UK for appreciation and awareness of wool and knitting, “old” crafts and even heritage breeds of sheep! I’m teaching knitting tonight at my local yarn shop, so maybe I can make a US contribution by talking about wool with my students. Such a lovely fiber!

8. alwhatley says:

Ooh this looks good. My forays into knitting have so far been unfruitful but I’m determined! I might try the Snood class on Thursday. Although not exactly sure what a snood is… But I bet it’s warm.

9. How cool! I’ve just taken up knitting again, free classes would be greatly appreciated – and in Edinburgh, too!

10. I’m jealous! I bought a few yarn to try to knit myself a cardigan after seeing so many beautiful knitted cardigans out there. I hope people take them up on this awesome offer!

11. How cool! I wish we had one too!

12. Colleen says:

We don’t have wool week. We have sweet potato week and collard green week which is sort of…no.

13. Sanja says:

It would be so much fun to knit in groups. I often feel lonely in the wool land. I like your hat, your knitting looks too perfect!

LoveofCuteness

14. quiltyknitwit says:

Love the beautiful yarn for the hat in the pic!

15. Sue Kristiansen says:

What is the yarn shown in the photo?

16. Amy says:

Hooray for wool! I heart knitting, I love sewing but I’m rubbish at it, so it’s always very stressful and involves copious amounts of swearing. Knitting is much more calming. Plus I can drink wine and knit, whereas a slightly tipsy dolt in charge of a sewing machine is never a good idea.

17. Calico Laine says:

The colors of the wool are combined perfectly, years ago I used to use several colors just to make a colorful gloves but nowadays we can purchase a wool that comes in several colors.