Coco Dress In Metallic Dogtooth

Coco Dress in Metallic Dogtooth

Ever since making my Coco En Noir, it has been worn week in and week out. It’s a real go-to outfit for both home and the office, comfie as heck and keeps its silhouette wonderfully. So I’ve been on the look out for another stable knit in a good base colour. When my fingers squeezed and stretched this metallic dogtooth printed black knit, I knew immediately that I’d be buying two metres.

Coco Dress Dogtooth Detail

I used the wrong side of the fabric to create a contrast yoke and for the cuffs, just to break up the stretches of shiny dogtooth. This dress satisfies my love of black, grey and a touch of glitter. The fabric came from my recent trip to Goldhawk Road. I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve worked with this pattern. How many times a week shall I wear this dress, I wonder?

This entry was posted in sewing, sewing and knitting and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to Coco Dress In Metallic Dogtooth

1. Tanya says:

It’s fab! Especially loving the leggings and pink shoes. I have such a soft spot for stripey leggings!

2. Ros K says:

I love this dress!

3. This is so beautiful.

4. Tracy H says:

Your best version yet love the fabric you look great

5. It does look rather fab on you.

6. Love this version too! (Still have a soft spot for the one with the birds) every time I see one of your versions I wonder why I haven’t bought it yet, hmmm! Awesome! xx

7. Ditto the above 🙂 I actually bit the bullet and ordered it just last night after seeing so many fab versions if it. Fingers crossed I can manage it.

8. B & the Moon says:

Lovely! Interesting but not too shiny shiny! I give it a big thumbs up!

9. sassy02 says:

It turned great, I love the fabrics.

10. Jane S says:

Great Dress and a such a smart idea to use the wrong side of the fabric for the yoke.

11. Ripleygirl says:

Ooh, love the fabric! Don’t suppose you remember which shop on goldhawk road? I’m off there tomorrow with my mum!

12. Michelle says:

That is a stunning coco! Might be my favourite yet.

13. Heather says:

I love it with the contrast! Your leggings are awesome too!

14. Jenna says:

Lovely coco! And I love your stripy leggings too!

15. jansewJan says:

OMG it is gorgeous! I really love the way you have contrasted the yoke – you have such good ideas. I bought some lovely stable knit off TMOS today so I’ m gonna get stitching tomorrow. I took 4 sewing friends round Walthamstow market today and we were there hours – a lot of fabric was purchased, most of it from TMOS ( his son was helping out on the stall, I reckon he is training him up) and in second place came Saeed’s – mainly for the purchase of curtain fabric. What a place it is!!

16. Delightful fabric. The glittery element is particularly attractive.

17. super chic! I love this version!

18. felice thiannon says:

great dress…
    is it really essential for a strong, super-capable woman to stand pigeon-toed, looking like a vulnerable child? I hope not!

• Those feet! If I’ve told them once I’ve told them a million times: “Stop being all anti feminist on me with your fallen arches and your bunions and your pigeon toe-ness!”

19. Ooh this is a classic. Cool outfit too, I love the stripy leggings and pink slips ons.

20. Denny K says:

Wow – I think we are all addicted to this Coco pattern. I LOVE it and being rather slow to catch on to the craze I can only boast having made 2 in 2 weeks with many many more in the pipeline. We may have to ask Tilly for the antidote for this obsession before every 2nd person is wearing one!
    Yours looks great and shows another variation to the pattern.

21. Creative Hormone Rush says:

Ordinarily I am not big on houndstooth fabric, but I love the way you’ve combined it with a solid to highlight the lines of this dress and to really pop the contrasting fabric. What a great idea! That is a truly stunning make!

22. Marie says:

Oh my gah, I love this Karen! It’s such a smart little number, but knowing Coco, so delightfully comfy to wear! Genius, that fabric choice and you!

23. Totally fabulous, next on my Coco agenda is a contrast yoke. At the moment I’m experiementing with alternative fabrics due to a lack of good quality jersey in my area.

24. Linda P says:

Houndstooth and glitter – what a combination. it works really well and I do love your stripey leggings. I really must get to Goldhawk Road some time soon

25. Melanie says:

Love this version…and the contrast yolk is really interesting. From the first photo it looks a tad emerald green which I love too!

26. velosewer says:

I love how you’ve used the contrast on this dress. These are lovely colours too.