Let’s do this, peeps! Are you ready to share your sporting makes, Wimbledon on in the background, strawberries to hand? Have you raised your heartbeat today? I have! I cycled out to Epping forest to give my new sportswear the ultimate test. Could I actually cycle in my new culottes?
The answer? A resounding YES.
I made these using a vintage Vogue 6112 pattern and a light wool crepe. With two layers of fabric skirting your curves, you don’t want anything too stiff or voluminous. This crepe did the job really well, though I think this could be even prettier in a lawn print, don’t you?
I’m wearing the culottes with my latest Tiny Pocket Tank which I find perfect for walking the dog, cycling and wearing with PJ bottoms. In short, the ultimate go-to summer top!
So, that’s me. What about you? If you leave a comment below linking to your Sporty Summer Sewathon blog post, you automatically gain entry into the giveaway. Same goes for if you want to email me a photo on didyoumakethat[at]fastmail[dot]fm. To remind you, this giveaway is open worldwide and there are two prizes to be awarded to whoever inspires me most:
PRIZE ONE FROM FEHR TRADE, THE VILLAGE HABERDASHERY & COLETTE PATTERNS
- Your choice of a sportswear pattern from Melissa of Fehr Trade. Don’t forget to check out Melissa’s own Spring Race Challenge, also going live today!
- A £25 gift voucher from The Village Haberdashery.
- A copy of The Colette Guide to Sewing Knits (print or ebook, the winner’s choice).
PRIZE TWO FROM MINERVA CRAFTS
- Basic sewing kit including a pair of scissors, thimble, unpicker, wrist pincushion, hand sewing needles, pins, point turner and button gauge and a tape measure.
- An assortment of 16 metres of fabric from Minerva Crafts including caravan print cotton poplin, plain black microfibre crepe, coral pink crinkle fauz suede, silver grey sateen suiting, ivory two-tone patterned linen and pink floral print lace.
I shall set a closing date of Tuesday 8 July, midnight GMT. Then I shall have lots of fun choosing two worthy winners.
Are you working up a sweat? Thanks for joining in the fun!