Trekking The Pattern Trail – A Sole Explorer

image

Remember how I planted six patterns in secret locations around the Isle of Wight, in the Pattern Trail? I thought it was time for an update!

A couple of hours after the blog post went live I received an email from a reader with the subject line ‘Found one!’ I could hardly believe it. This had been one of my most hidden patterns – I wasn’t even sure anyone would track it down at the Botanical Gardens.

Cath had. Kudos for determination (and interrupting her holiday). She was now the proud owner of the Ultimate Shift Dress pattern from Sew Over It. Above, you can see her with the pattern and her beautiful children. They’re all wearing hand sewn items!

Since then? Thundering silence. Nada. Zilch. Does this mean that five other sewing patterns have been left to gather dust and damp? Or has someone else found stitching treasure?

Do you know or are you a successful trekker of the Pattern Trail? Let’s spread the word, people! If you’ve randomly discovered a sewing pattern hidden on the Isle of Wight, let me know. You’d make my day!

boats

26 Responses to Trekking The Pattern Trail – A Sole Explorer

1. Cat says:

I went and had a look today…I couldn’t find the one behind Appley Tower or the one in the boat on the seafront and I had a stroll down to The Boathouse but again couldn’t see anything…although there were a lot of people around so didn’t spend too much time on my hands and knees looking! Didn’t get to ask in the cafe as by then I needed to get 2 grumpy children home. Next time I’m around will look again and ask!

• Hint, hint – you should definitely ask in the cafe on the dog walking beach. (Okay, that’s not a hint as such…!) The Boathouse one is REALLY difficult – it’s not at the pub, it’s hidden … somewhere … beach huts … under the floor joists … that’s all I’m saying, don’t make me say any more!!!!

• Cat says:

Yep worked out the general area of The Boathouse one but there we’re a few people using their huts today so thought I might look a bit strange looking under their floors…next time I’ll send the kids in with their small hands 😊

• Okay, look, go to the huts on top of the hill at Puckpark. No, look, you’ve made me say too much already!!!

2. I’m going to head out to look around…oh, dang, forgot I was in Boston! Next time!

3. Cath says:

Thanks Karen. So excited to have been in the right place and the right time!

4. Angela says:

Aw, wish I lived on that side of the pond to even give it a try!

5. Eliza-sew-little says:

Tried to persuade DH to go seek while in the area but alas things didn’t work out. Now plotting to engineer an excuse…

6. Kathy Lynch says:

Well Karen, how about you visit “down under” to Brisbane (weather’s spectacular!) & hide some patterns here? We’re a pretty resilient bunch in Brizzy – no sleep until they’re all found! 🙂

7. sandra says:

If I hid patterns here in Vegas would you come visit?

8. Sam says:

Beautiful sunny but only 15C so far in Ballarat, Victoria, Australia….. no patterns here 🙁 A daughter does live 2000km away north in Brisbane though …… you hide and I’ll be up there to find them and see her 🙂

9. Liz says:

Hi Karen, I’m going to the Isle of Wight on the 22nd and I’ve been looking at the picture clues trying to work them out beforehand! I will definitely be having a look to see if I can find one 😉

10. Bit too far from the Peak District otherwise I’d have been down there on my hands and knees before now. Hope someone finds them soon, too good a challenge to go to waste.

11. ooobop! says:

Haha… love this. I might have to employ a friend of mine who lives on the IOW. Is that allowed?! x

12. I am thinking of going over to IOW for a daytrip late september, if there are any left I shall be searching away.

13. Jules says:

Hi I’ve found one!! I’ve just come back from the IOW after being over there for a few weeks and finally I can let you know the lovely Super Saver Style 3379 has found a new home. I had to ask behind the counter at the rather fabulous cafe in Yarmouth. Will send you some pics x

14. I’m going to Ryde in October to visit my sister, so I might have to have a scout around the isle!! Or maybe I should send her out on a treasure hunt before I arrive!!!

15. Claire says:

Hi I’ve found one this morning, pattern 3 the one on Ryde seafront in the boat! My hubby was brave enough to put his hand right in under the edge and found it! We previously looked for pattern 5 at Apply but no joy, maybe someone has found it already. Living on the island gives us an unfair advantage, but we had to have a go. I will try to make the dress, and if I succeed I will let you know! Thanks for keeping us amused this morning!

16. Cat says:

I found 3 today…! I had to use a long stick on the one at Appley as it was well hidden behind leaves, snails and spiders webs and the biggest spider ran out…but I got it! Also got the one at Puckpool under the beach huts and the one from the Dell Cafe. If anyone on the Island (or visiting) would like to share my stash then please let me know as I feel kind of guilty having of them!

17. Barmy Beetroot says:

arghh I should have totally looked when I went to Bestival. Doh!