Dogstooth Pussy Bow Blouse

Pussy-Bow-Blouse-DogstoothThis is my second Pussy Bow Blouse, testing my theory that you don’t need to be a fabric snob for a successful make. Indeed, this houndstooth chiffon is just the type of synthetic choice that will make it a real Drag From The Washing Machine and Air Dry workhorse. I can tell, because the fabric has already been shoved in two suitcases, and nary a sign of a crease.

It didn’t come without its challenges…

Melted-Fabric

And this is why some people are fabric snobs. I failed to keep an eye on the temperature of my iron. I was forced to buy an extra metre, but at £6 a metre I didn’t cry. Too much.

It’s worth remembering that there are no closures on this make – no zips to insert, no buttonholes to strain across your chest, just two tiny buttons to choose for your sleeves. What a beautiful decision this is!

Silver-Buttons

If you’re inspired to make a pussy bow blouse, I’ve pulled together a Pinterest inspiration board. I see at least two more of these blouses in my future!

This entry was posted in sewing, sewing and knitting and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Dogstooth Pussy Bow Blouse

1. Kelly says:

Hmmmm, no closures you say? I already like the look of this pattern but this has just made me like it even more – I’d not looked closely and assumed it had buttons, which I don’t get on very well with…looking very attractive now (as is your version)!

2. I’m guessing this was the paper pattern, not the pdf version. What will your favourite Indie Designers be doing about selling their pdf patterns on 1st January when the new VATMOSS kicks in? (Not forgetting it will affect the paper patterns the following year). One new solution is http://www.patternstoprint.com which is attracting the Bag Designers and Embroidery Designers so far.

3. You can certainly rock a pussy-bow blouse. It is super!

4. stgilbert says:

This blouse style is so perfect for you!

5. This is great, you look fab in it. I love this style plus man-made fabrics are great when you need them not to crush. Really going to have to buy this pattern. xx

6. Amanda says:

Looks gorgeous ! You are so elegant! I love the choice of buttons too! 💝happy Christmas 🎄

7. happysewer says:

Gorgeous – I’ve just ordered this pattern too

8. Michelle says:

That fabric! I die! Even if it is poly! You can’t beat a great houndstooth.

9. tatimaio says:

I loved this pattern, but I just have a quick question, why is there center seam at the front? Is this seam necessary? I realy don’t like it, but is there a reason for it? Your blouse is beautiful, btw…

• Ah, you’ll come to love that centre seam when you need to finesse the point where pussy bow collar ties meet blouse. Mere millimetres make a big difference and adjusting the top of that centre seam will save you tears, trust me!

10. helen says:

I hadn’t paid much attention to this (sorry!) but I went to see Paddington at the cinema today and I’m quite inspired by Mrs Brown’s wardrobe and I’m sure there were a few similar style blouses. I can see this being a make in the new year. Happy Christmas to you and I look forward to continued reading in the new year!

11. Perfect. Happy Christmas to you, Karen. Love from Jo at Three Stories High

12. Alice says:

What a fab blouse, Karen! You look lovely in it. I have long wanted to make a pussy bow blouse, and having seen this has just made me move that project up my list!

Happy holidays!

13. slashandspread says:

Karen that style really suits you. You’ve got me thinking about pussy bow blouses, so I’m heading to your pinterest board now for some more inspiration. Happy New Year Karen! Cheers. Kath.

14. Pingback: A ‘Sew Over It’ Pussy Bow Blouse | cut it out, stitch it up!

15. Pingback: Burdened by Burda Bicycle Blouse | Steely Seamstress