C Is For Capsule

Capsule Wardrobe

For an Easter weekend away, you need a capsule home made wardrobe – especially when travelling by train and crowded car, with a dog in tow.

From left to right, my Coco top, Ginger jeans and Wild Horses dress. I am very, very, VERY impressed by how the Ginger jeans have stood up to the wear and tear of beach walks, dog retrieval bends and lunges, and the eating of pub lunches. Having said I’d take a break before making another pair, I’m now wondering when I can make another pair. Do you know any good UK sources for decent denim?

For such a weekend, you also need a capsule crafting project. In this case, self striping socks using this wool

Capsule KnittingAnd you need a capsule family. These don’t come cheap and they’re a constant WIP, but they can quickly become a TNT.

Capsule FamilyHappy Easters, everyone! Doing anything exciting? Or lazing around like me?

Easter Weekend Collage

This entry was posted in knitting, sewing, sewing and knitting and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to C Is For Capsule

1. TamsinW-P says:

Happy Easter and yay for capsule wardrobes! Have a lovely time!

2. lizafrica says:

Maybe I’m a bit dense …..but what is TNT?
    Saying it yet again…….LOVE Reading your blog. Maybe we can have a cup of tea together & swop blog writing ideas when I visit London from Vancouver, Canada? Maybe next year when I come to visit my son & his family?
    Liz T

3. I lazed around mostly 🙂 Happy Easter yourself

4. Love your capsule family…they are indeed a WIP, LOL. Have a lovely, lazy weekend. I seem to be doing the same, with great pleasure I might add.

5. Sophia says:

Merchant and Mills do denim… Not bought any but everything they stock looks lovely, imo x

6. My capsule project at the moment is…er…rather a large capsule. One Wedding, and One House Being Renovated. Easter was spent surrounded by weeds and old plaster. Hopefully soon I can return to my crafting ways!

7. creative pixie says:

Happy Easter

8. Jenny says:

If you want a stretch denim I can recommend this one from Minerva. https://www.minervacrafts.com/shop/fabric/dress-fabrics/12f-1006-plain-indigo-blue-stretch-denim-dress-fabric
    I just made some pants using this very reasonably priced fabric and they are the best I have ever made. They look good, even after a day of wearing and are so comfy.

9. Heather says:

Happy Easter! I just recently ordered some stretch denim from Ditto Fabrics. It feels nice, but I haven’t sewn it up quite yet!

10. Kathy Lynch says:

Happy Easter to you too Karen from Brisbane, Australia! Walks on the beach, cooking for friends AND tidying my sewing space = a great Easter here!

11. stitchesoftime says:

Happy Easter – recently found your blog and love it. Having a lazy but productive Easter if that is not a contradiction, watching TV and knitting lace patterns. In awe of your skill with making your own jeans!

12. Hazel says:

Lovely collection, I really want to make a pair of jeans, been sewing for more years than I’d like to admit but haven’t dipped my toe into jeans yet! I brought some lovely quality mid weight denim from my local market to make a Granville shirt, at £3mtr it could either be shocking or FAB! I have washed it prior to using and seams ok so far.

13. Happy Easter too. Nothing exciting here. Bit of sewing, bit of gardening. It’s great! No capsule wardrobes here but thinking of my Summer one. Xx

14. Jen Forsythe says:

Your capsule is great, love those jeans! I have bought denim from dittofabrics, clothhouse (although a bit more pricey), fabric godmother and organiccotton.biz.

15. Jackie says:

And I am putting together my capsule wardrobe for my visit to Vancouver in 4 weeks time. As we share a similar climate it takes some of the stress out if the decision making. Am there visiting my lovely Canadian step daughter.

16. I have had nice stretch denim from Minerva to make the Burda jeans I made. It wasn’t too stiff or floppy -ideal really. Great wardrobe. Jo x

17. Happy Easter Karen, looks like you’ve had a lovely weekend! I can’t wait until I have some time to get stuck into sewing my Gingers!

18. Gretchen Jaspering says:

cute outfits!

19. Liz M says:

So pleased somebody else asked what TNT meant. (WIP I can cope with).
    That yarn is lovely. If only I had space to buy a couple of balls more….

20. Sarah says:

I love reading your blog Karen, always full of interesting and useful tips. I would also suggest Merchant & Mills for denim. I shop there quite regularly and can vouch for their beautiful quality denim.