Made Up Meet Up

games room

Our venue

• Eight days until our deadline hoves into view, with the chance of winning hundreds of pounds’ worth of goodies.
  • Ten days before our Made Up Meet Up.

Yes, you read right. I figured we needed one last motivating factor to crack on with our pledges. (£2339 raised so far, over at the Justgiving page!)

On Saturday 12 September, I’ve booked a private space in The Parcel Yard, on the concourse of Kings Cross station, London. Kings Cross is one of the main travel hubs in the city, which makes it nice and easy to get to. You don’t even have to leave the station to find the pub – no chance of getting lost! It’s bang next to the Harry Potter shop.

If you did want to leave the station, there are lots of nearby sewing destinations to visit:

Central Saint Martins is a five-minute walk away, with the fantastic Granary Square and view over the Regents Canal. This is where I studied a pattern cutting course.

Drink, Shop Do is also a five-minute walk away on Caledonian Road. This cafe is a hub of creativity and cocktails.

Sew Over It Islington is an 18-minute walk or 15-minute bus ride away. (The shop opens at 12pm on Saturdays.)

Ray Stitch is a similair distance away, as is the magnificent knitting hub that is Loop.

And if you want to be really adventurous with your plans, Walthamstow market is 20 minutes away on the Victoria line!

So, you can turn this into a real day out. I’ll be in The Games Room at The Parcel Yard from 12.30pm-4pm on Saturday 12 September. Join me for a drink and a spot of lunch. (I’ve eaten here before several times and the food is great, affordable and to suit all tastes. The wine’s not bad, either.) You can show off your Made Up Makes and we can all celebrate over the amount of money we’ve raised. I have big plans on the totaliser front. I think there’s more we can achieve…

Leave a comment below and let me know if you’ll join us for the Made Up Meet Up! All you need to do is turn up.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

38 Responses to Made Up Meet Up

1. fabrickated says:

I would love to come and will do my best to be there.

2. CurlsnSkirls says:

Any ipad. etc. users want to hook up with us farther afield via skype? (Know that’s challenging, as all possible space must be saved for fabric goodies to be bought there!)
    Hope everyone has a lovely time, and thank you for thinking of such a great treat!
    del, 5 hrs of time zones away

3. Nadine says:

Hi from Vancouver Island. Oh my, I wish I could be there – it looks great and I’m sure you will have a big turnout and lots of fun! Be sure to post photos of the event, so those of us who are far away can enjoy it vicariously.

4. debs2748 says:

Hope to make it. I have made my pledge a SKORT but that’s for my holiday I will bring but unless the sun comes out in abundance doubt I will wear it.

5. Caroline says:

Great news. I will try and make it. Looking forward it!

6. Tamsin W-P says:

What a lovely idea. I was thinking the other day that I haven’t been to a meet up this year. I pledged to finish the scarf that I started this summer. Having never knitted anything remotely useful I decided to learn to knit whilst recuperating. I am about to start my second ball of wool and plan to finish in time! I would love to come and join you, but will have to see how I am feeling.

7. ooobop! says:

Well done you, and what a marvellous plan! I’ll be there, Karen! x

8. Amelia Wray says:

Ooh, I’m definitely going to try to make it – assuming I finish my make in time!

9. stitchesoftime says:

I will be there with you in spirit – my pledge finish was the Christmas ornament but will be spending that weekend making the real biggie for this year , my future sister in law’s wedding jacket with £30 a metre silk brocade (gulp!). Wish me luck and hope that you all have a brilliant time.

10. I would have loved to come to this but planning anything at the moment is a nightmare. I am a bit green, London is a sewing paradise and it would have been lovely to meet up with you and all the fellow sewing fanatics. I will just make sure I have my scarf knitted in time and will join you in spirt(s) on the day. Have a great time! Xx

11. stgilbert says:

I wish I wasn’t an ocean away or I’d be there for sure! Cheering you on in spirit 🙂

12. Geo P says:

Oh, yes, I’ll be there! And I’ll take a detour via Walthamstow market now that Victoria is open again.

13. Trixie Lixie says:

I can’t make it to the meet up but I would really like to send you some of our knicker kits to add to the prizes, please email us and let me know where to send them. Our email address is hello@trixielixie.co.uk

14. craftycreeky says:

OMG! 9 days left and I haven’t even cut it out yet :-/
    Have a great day, wish I could come down from Yorkshire!

15. Kristy says:

I’ve never been to a sewing meet up before, bit scared but I will be there! Thanks for organising!

• Kristy says:

Sorry Karen I am not able to make this now, I have a friend visiting from the Netherlands and her plans to meet friends tomorrow are cancelled. I have also missed the deadline – more will be on my blog over the weekend!

16. Sue Sunderland says:

Sorry unable to be there, a previous engagement looking after twin 16 month old grand-daughters, while their parents go to a wedding!! Shall be with you in spirit. Hope all goes well and best wishes from not do sunny Devon 🙂

17. Pingback: All Made Up! | Jane Makes

18. JaneyB says:

Pledge finished, blog post written, hope to be there on the 12th! Looks like a great place and it will be lovely to meet you.

19. Simona says:

Oh, i would have loved to join You but I am abroad! Enjoy ladies!

20. Kimmy Rocket says:

Oh my, what a splendid idea. I’m there!

21. monikamakes says:

Oh that sounds brilliant! Count me in!

22. mags says:

would love to have come, but wrong end of the countryfor me. like the periscope idea though!

23. Chris says:

Oh NO, I’ve been in the UK all week but going home tomorrow. Would have loved to join you all, but perhaps if I know enough in advance for the next meet up, I can organise my trip around it. Have fun!

24. thumblenina says:

This is great – I’m intending to come! Not sure I’ll be wearing my made-up make though as it’s a silk cami for my holiday – sadly no longer London-appropriate clothing… Thanks so much for organising this magnificent Made-Up Initiative and all the associated fun!

25. Gill says:

Ooh, this will be my first ‘Meet Up’ and is the perfect nudge to get on and finish my pledge! I’m not sure if I’ll wear it, as its intended for a particular occasion – but I’ll bring photos. Looking forward to meeting you all on Saturday.

26. Pingback: Made Up Initiative D Day | Did You Make That?

27. Jane says:

I’ve rearranged my plans and can now make it – hoorah! Really looking forward to coming along and meeting everyone. xx

28. Pingback: Elephants and Indians | T H I M B E R L I N A

29. Pingback: Made Up Live Prize Draw – Join Us | Did You Make That?