The Made Up Initiative Smashes £3000!

p.26-page-001

A quick and heartwarming update today, readers. A couple of weekends ago, there was a Sew Brum meet up. As part of the day, a raffle was planned with some amazing prizes. The organiser, English Girl At Home, suggested that all funds raised could go towards the Made Up Initiative. A kind offer that I greedily accepted!

But how much could they possibly raise on the day? £554, that’s how much!

With this significant donation, our sewing friends in the Midlands have helped us smash past the £3000 fundraising mark in support of the National Literacy Trust. Our Justgiving page shows £3170.51. Three times our original goal, which makes us three times as brilliant.

By Gum By Golly CollageAs people gathered in Birmingham, I was with other sewing friends in London. By Gum By Golly was in town and it felt only polite to take her to Goldhawk Road, where we bought fabric and drank prosecco. It was a great day, made even sweeter when I realised how much money we had raised for the Made Up Initiative.

Thank you, my Sew Brum friends! Next year, I may have to join you and buy a raffle ticket or ten.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to The Made Up Initiative Smashes £3000!

1. Debby58 says:

Sounds like it should be an annual event. Wish I had been able to go.

2. Bianca says:

It was a wonderfully fun day and I am so glad that we were able to contribute to such a worthy cause. Thank you once again to Charlotte for organizing the event!

3. Alex says:

So glad the Sewbrum event helped as much as it did! It was a fantastic day and I’m sure all the people there will be thoroughly chuffed with the outcome.

4. JaneyB says:

That’s a fantastic amount to raise at one event! And doesn’t everyone look gorgeous!

5. That’s just pure greatness! Such lovely ladies, too 🙂

6. Congratulations! So much money for a good cause

7. stitchesoftime says:

Brilliant news – well done for organising the fundraising

8. Jane says:

Wonderful, wonderful news and well done to the Sew Brum friends! Now we just need a photo of you handing the National Literacy Trust an oversized cheque, just like in the olden days! x

9. Brilliant news! Congratulations on raising so much. Xx

10. Kristine A says:

This article just made my day! It is a nice feeling to get on projects that can benefit others, isn’t it? Well done to you and the Sew Brum friends!

11. How wonderful! Great initiative.