A Couple Of Shots

sew-over-it-molly-dress-blue

‘That’s cold work,’ said the auld Irish bloke who’d been surreptitiously watching me. ‘Come to the pub for a couple of shots? Warm yourself up?’

You know when bloggers say it took them 150 photos to pick one decent one? This photoshoot involved a grand total of two photographs. It was so blooming cold out there! But I wanted to share this latest Molly dress from the Sew Over It Capsule Wardrobe ebook, largely because the fabric is so interesting.

blue-jersey

reversible-jersey

It’s a reversible jersey, where the red shows through on the blue side in a rose print. I used the red reverse to make the neckband. This was bought from Classic Textiles in Walthamstow. They always have great jerseys in that place.

Because the fabric was a mix of colours, I mixed up my overlocker thread too.

overlocker-thread

In terms of the pattern, this is my fourth make! I shortened the length by two inches to give it a bit more sass, and added some extra waist shaping. Fit really varies from fabric to fabric. This jersey was heavy with more stretch than previous versions and I think that made the fit roomier. Don’t ask me why!

Do you like my scarf? It’s a pencil print, bought from MOMA in New York. When I left the corporate life I wasn’t sure when I’d next see that beautiful city, but recent advice is that I really should prioritise a work trip over there. Better start saving the pennies! Maybe I’ll wear my Molly dress on the plane. It is made for a city break, after all.

pencil-scarf

This entry was posted in sewing, sewing and knitting, Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to A Couple Of Shots

1. Becky says:

I love this! Interesting fabric always works well with simple designs. I haven’t seen that type of jersey in the states. It looks comfy and yet stylish. Karen, what kind of boots are those? They are fabulous!

2. Sarah says:

Great fabric, great dress, fab out fit coordination! In fact pretty FAB all round. X

3. Ooh, you make me want to sew jersey! Lovely dress, I’m so tempted.

4. Jeanette says:

Gorgeous outfit! What kind of fabric is the scarf made of? I love it. Was that a simple rectangle with narrow hems?

5. Tammy says:

This looks so comfortable and so bright and cheerful, too.

6. norma says:

Love the fabric – I’d love to make a reversible dress but I’ve never seen any fabric like that.
    Those boots are gorgeous

7. Angela says:

Love the dress, the fabric is really interesting, as it is the one for the scarf. Nice boots, too! The outfit is gorgeous.

8. Awesome! Gosh, I love this fabric. Must make sure I get to Walthamstow on my next hop to London, I need to scour that store!

9. Carol S says:

Yes you do need to organize a trip this way.

10. megan says:

OMG D Bs, haven’t seen desert boots for years, takes me right back. Very impressed with your overlocking, I would never figure that out. Love that door!

11. Alessa says:

It’s a beautiful dress! Such a lovely fabric!

12. Joanne says:

What a great outfit!!

13. Allison Graden says:

So cute!!! Love the fabric! I wish I had access to better fabric. It’s almost a fabric desert where I live so I have to order most on line which doesn’t always work out. Nothing beats touching it!

14. sewandsnip says:

Great fabric so Classic Textiles is another place to add to my to-visit list…as is New York but I don’t think that will be so likely at the moment😃

15. PsychicKathleen says:

I have never seen a knit like that anywhere! It’s gorgeous! I love all your colours and those blue desert boots are just the perfect thing with your outfit 🙂

16. lisa g says:

I love the whole look! And the door behind you as well!

17. So? Did you pop in for a wee dram? I hope so!

I LOVE your dress! And with the scarf, tights, booties…even Ella’s leash…perfection!

18. Chris says:

Thanks Karen, another fab creation and another inspirational make to add to my list 🙂

19. Michele says:

Looks fab and cosy

20. bracken says:

Beautiful dress. Lovely fabric and where did you find that door that you are standing in front of? Wow what a lovely photo shot!

21. I have just made a similar shape from a New Look pattern with raglan sleeves and it is so warm and cosy. That is one cool fabric. Jo x

22. Pingback: Fabrics To Keep You Warm | Did You Make That?

23. esewing says:

This looks so great you , boots and tights lovely and set off the dress perfectly. Amazing jersey, will have to search for something like that , hope you get to take the dress to NY soon.